• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That center pinking, I guess how you call, sticking up is kinda obvious. I'm debating what to about the same on my Jeffersons, Shoe Glu maybe?

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
It's a CXL LWB, so you likely wanted it to be casual. Personally id keep it as is. It's a cool effect. And perhaps you'll be beating them up??

I did indeed want it to be casual, and I plan to give them the occasional brush and nothing else. I'm still torn about them.

Honestly the problem for me is the pinking. It is not clean. Maybe it looks worse due to the natural edges.

The pinking is indeed not as clean as it could or should be. But, given that it's a casual shoe, this doesn't offend me as much as it might.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Last edited:

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New burgundy calf Lexingtons with Dainite outsole:

Only concern I have is the creasing along the outside of the left shoe:

I'm not bothered by the aesthetics, but does this foretell weakness in the leather and possible problems down the road?

Joshua Lee

Reaction score

I'm not bothered by the aesthetics, but does this foretell weakness in the leather and possible problems down the road?
Not at all, it's just a fat wrinkle, Probably a piece of leather near the belly section, still decent.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of my first quality shoes have that as well (even in higher quality brands). I don't think it's a big issue but others can chime in.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, shoot. My good luck with the AE MTO process appears to have hot a snag. After one outdoor wear of less than 4 hours, the gumlight is separating from the midsole on both shoes in multiple places all around each shoe.

Sigh. Guess I have to send them back, right? They were perfect, otherwise. I'd hate to be without them as we get into summer weather.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, shoot. My good luck with the AE MTO process appears to have hot a snag. After one outdoor wear of less than 4 hours, the gumlight is separating from the midsole on both shoes in multiple places all around each shoe.

Sigh. Guess I have to send them back, right? They were perfect, otherwise. I'd hate to be without them as we get into summer weather.

My chukkamoks has the same issue. Luckily even after 10 months of wear (1-2 a week), the soles have held up and doesn't shoe any sign of worsening.

Appleanche

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Heritage MTO some day with a regular/v-tread sole but with all Merlot calfskin - I just like how there is noticeable separation between the wing and the lacing/vamp brogue.. any thoughts or something similar?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Thinking of getting a Heritage MTO some day with a regular/v-tread sole but with all Merlot calfskin - I just like how there is noticeable separation between the wing and the lacing/vamp brogue.. any thoughts or something similar? 

I think that would be cool, not too many people would notice the subtle difference between that and the McAllister in my opinion, especially if one toned. Can I suggest Shell? ;-)

-Mike

AdamAdam

Reaction score

I agree completely. I recently put in an order for a Heritage. Now just waiting. Hoping they are unique but something I'd wear from time to time.

1079 BROWN CALF WING, EYESTAY, COLLAR, HEEL
2424 BROWN SUEDE VAMP, QUARTER
PORON INSOLE
ORANGE LINING LEATHER
BROWN FLAT WELT
LIGHT BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
V-TREAD OUTSOLE
WHEELED EDGES

I was going for something similar to this albeit a bit different shape and some other touches (photo c/o Charles Tyrwhitt):

Appleanche

Reaction score
I think that would be cool, not too many people would notice the subtle difference between that and the McAllister in my opinion, especially if one toned. Can I suggest Shell? ;-)

-Mike

I'm pretty new to nicer shoes - I only have a pair of Walnut Strands and an Eagle County tan.

I don't know if many people will notice the difference between the McAllister and the heritage in all Merlot but I know I will. I wanted the Merlot after trying it on at a store and seeing how great it looked with jeans, but the two brogue strips (for lack of better terms) getting so close/touching is something I just don't like for some reason.

Most others that don't touch are more blutcher style which isn't my favorite either.. so the Heritage and the Jefferson are only two models I've seen with the styling I want.

And don't even get me started on Shell! My piggy bank doesn't have enough for that stuff!

Ooh those are nice looking, I quite like the two tone look of the Heritages on their own. A really nice looking shoe - but I'm not sure I could quite pull it off, I've gotten "Looks like something in Scarface!" a couple of times.

But yeah as far as I know like I said only the Jefferson and Heritage have that kind of spacing, at least currently made.

So this would be my first MTO - if my thread reading is right they typically honor sale price for MTO?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads