• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of quasi-mto's, but check out these AE Fairgates I had customized:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/54495#post_7644742

That's called "gettin bl@sted".

They look great. You've got a good eye for taking something that's ho-hum and seeing the potential for cool in it.

garland

Reaction score

BCer

Reaction score
#Bl@ster, those shoes wouldn't have even caught my eye they way they were. Those, after the bl@sterism, are very special!!

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it's getting a bit slow here.

Some of the Natural Strand 2nds. Little darker more akin to Walnut shell. The side panel has a nice lighter shade so it gives them a cool two tone look. They were a bit of an impulse buy so deciding wether to keep.

I only tried on the left. Hence the lacing oddity.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score

They look great. You've got a good eye for taking something that's ho-hum and seeing the potential for cool in it.

Phenomenal! Such a huge fan of the natural edge/contrasted welt color look. Great work.

Kyle

Blasty, you always kill it. Superb.

-Mike

The rehab is nice; like the exposed eyes too. I am really curious to know what i'd find if a cobbler were to sand away the black edge on any of my (non-MTO) #8 shells. Has anyone done this?

garland

Reaction score
The rehab is nice; like the exposed eyes too. I am really curious to know what i'd find if a cobbler were to sand away the black edge on any of my (non-MTO) #8 shells. Has anyone done this?

I did it personally. its quite easy actually. I used 80 and 120 grit sand paper. Started by hand initially and then used a sander to finish the tough spots. Any competent cobbler should be able to do it though too. The edge should turn out just fine regardless of color used to finish it. They all start out the same.

Kyle

RichieP

Reaction score

Since it's getting a bit slow here.
Some of the Natural Strand 2nds. Little darker more akin to Walnut shell. The side panel has a nice lighter shade so it gives them a cool two tone look. They were a bit of an impulse buy so deciding wether to keep.

I only tried on the left. Hence the lacing oddity.

Ooh, where did you find those?

stevefok

Reaction score
My Natty shell Leeds with brass eyelets arrived today.

- Size: 7.5E
- Leather: Natural Shell
- Exposed antique brass eyelets
- Tone on tone stitching
- Chili split reverse welt
- Double JR leather sole
- Medium brown transparent edge dressing
- Independence insole & lining.

They fulfilled all my specifications. The leather quality and construction of the shoe are superb. I am really pleased with them.
My only complaint is the shoelaces; they are thin, stiff and too waxy. I don’t know if that’s my perception but I think the quality of Alden’s shoelaces is much better.
I also attached a side by side photo with my Alden Whiskey longwing for color comparison. As you can see in the photo, I think my natty shell is on the darker side with a bit reddish undertone. I am fine with the color but just didn't expect they are darker than my Alden whiskey LOL...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads