• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is time to express your opinion on these non-AE shoes. Are they shell? I do not know the answer yet, but I will know when they arrive. They are by Grenson out of England, who has made shell cordovan shoes before, but I can't find anything on this model. So, what say you?

View attachment 2166271
Definitely shell
I should also add that one of the AE employees in Wisconsin told me that later this year AE is releasing a “reserve collection” that will land pricewise in between the standard offerings and the shell. Sounds like the independence collection is making a comeback.
As long as they aren’t the 201, 222, or 108 last, I’ll likely buy.

Posting Monday’s pair
IMG_8205.jpeg

KarlHungus

Reaction score

KarlHungus

Reaction score
No, but I did see them yesterday. I already have a pair in size 8. That pair in 8.5 would be too big for me, as I used to have a pair in that size that I later sold to Strand King.
Ah right. When I see olive CXL I think of you, but couldn't remember if you're 8 or 8.5.
Anyway, hope someone here snagged them!

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I’ll admit envy here. I sold my landsharks due to fit issues and wish I’d voted for Higgins.

So far, there are two AE lasts that fit me well. The 333 and the 1757.

I was a fan of the 201 for a while but eventually realized it just felt sloppy and thick socks only sorta made up for it.
The Landon last is just perfect for me. Which probably makes it a loser for AE.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, it’s been a while since I perused this thread. I think I stopped subscribing once the Queen’s reign was cut short. Anyway, I’ve been seeing ads for the Dallas Roper that may rope me back in. Anybody try it yet? I like the silhouette but not a fan of the sole treatment. Would prefer double JR and a hefty rubber heel cap. Are they made in Wisconsin? Would be a nice makeup for a special order trunk show (maybe shell, idk).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads