• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Good morning friends,

I'm trying my best to not work more than 8 hours for my employer this week, leaving time for the 50+ hours of stuff SWMBO, my mother and my daughters seem to have planned for me to complete. Since today will be a busy day, I chose a pair that is overdue for some love and still has a nice seasonal color. Chili Landons earning their keep.

Landon_Chili_8.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Temps are creeping back up into the 40s for the next few days, so I'm getting some more wears out of the unlined, OG Normandy boots. Keep hoping that I'll eventually wear down the sole enough for a new one and I can add something with a little more grip to it.

IMG_7405.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible before taking next week off. Nothing serious has unraveled, yet, which I'm attributing to wearing these lucky Trunk Show 2019 burgundy shell Higgins Mill boots.
IMG_7406.jpg

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Words can't describe how awesome and rare that is. Must have been a MTO. And the price of those is ridiculously cheap. If they were my size, Santa would already be holding them for me.

Yes, they're more stunning the longer I look at them. Top notch pair. The seller can be found in the AE FB enthusiast group in my experience, I have dealt with him before.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last day of work before the holidays. Little bit rainy, so I broke out the waxed brown suede Higgins Mill boots. Really dig this pair a lot more than I was expecting to.

IMG_7409.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last day of work before the holidays. Little bit rainy, so I broke out the waxed brown suede Higgins Mill boots. Really dig this pair a lot more than I was expecting to.

View attachment 2096405
When did these release? Love the contrasting welt/laces! These on Dainite studded soles?

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When did these release? Love the contrasting welt/laces! These on Dainite studded soles?
These were released a few years ago. Not sure of the exact year. I was able to grab this lightly worn pair off eBay for under $100, which made it a no-brainer. After about 20 minutes with a bar of Otter Wax and a heat gun, they were ready to roll again (but, admittedly, could use another cleanup). This model is still available new on the AE site. They do indeed come on Dainite soles, which may or may not be your jam. I personally don't mind the soles, but I know there are some people who can't stand the material.

If memory serves, the laces are 48" flat waxed whiskey ones from Guarded Goods. I had them kicking around in my laces box and figured I'd give them a whirl. They're a touch short and only cover 2 of the 3 speed hooks. I'll probably change at some point, but for now they do an OK enough job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads