• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yours are flat welt, and many are, but there were reverse welts. View attachment 1970433
Plus, I have an 11EEE pair with a natural reverse welt and shaved burgundy shell for sale if any one is interested 😀

Happy WTW forum pals. I realized I am like one of Pavlov's dogs who salivate at the ringing of a bell. The simple mention of something in 11EEE being for sale makes me jump even though a second later I realize they would not fit me well, if at all. Old habits are hard to break. There is even a pair of Florsheim shell LWBs on Ebay that I almost purchased before realizing I HAD purchased this EXACT same pair about 4 years ago and then returned them because of an undisclosed crack through the upper. Somehow I don't think they would have improved in the intervening passing of time. But for today, other vintage shell Florsheims being worn and posted because it is WTW and I like the picture.

IMG_3023.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt like a slipper day today. I don't think I'll ever get completely used to the instability of an unstructured chukka, but I gotta admit that these things slap in warmer weather.

IMG_6841.jpg

roz77

Reaction score
Are there many big fans of AE sneakers here? I just got a pair of courtside sneakers in gray suede, was thinking of them as a decent summer/fall shoe for work since my office is fairly casual, and work as a casual weekend shoe for when I'm wearing shorts. But to be honest, I've kind of iffy on them ever since I took them out of the box. For whatever reason, they just don't really intrigue me much now that I have then in person. And they are weirdly heavy.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy WTW forum pals. I realized I am like one of Pavlov's dogs who salivate at the ringing of a bell. The simple mention of something in 11EEE being for sale makes me jump even though a second later I realize they would not fit me well, if at all. Old habits are hard to break. There is even a pair of Florsheim shell LWBs on Ebay that I almost purchased before realizing I HAD purchased this EXACT same pair about 4 years ago and then returned them because of an undisclosed crack through the upper. Somehow I don't think they would have improved in the intervening passing of time. But for today, other vintage shell Florsheims being worn and posted because it is WTW and I like the picture.

Same with me. You and I have a very similar pair of feet and we both agree that 11 is just a bit off for us both!

If it was 11.5 EEE, I'd be all over it. If it was 12 EEE, I'd be all over it. But 11? I legitimately can't wear 'em.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there many big fans of AE sneakers here? I just got a pair of courtside sneakers in gray suede, was thinking of them as a decent summer/fall shoe for work since my office is fairly casual, and work as a casual weekend shoe for when I'm wearing shorts. But to be honest, I've kind of iffy on them ever since I took them out of the box. For whatever reason, they just don't really intrigue me much now that I have then in person. And they are weirdly heavy.
Honestly, I just cannot do a sneaker at work. I bought a Park Sneaker and it now lives in Mexico. Use them for casual dinners but not an all day shoe. I reserve my suede BB MacNeil on Dainite for walking trails and day trips. I use Strandmoks and Feather welts for work casual. Or any of my plethora of penny loafers.

pbrandes

Reaction score
It’s just a captoe boot. It blows the Landon out of the water in my opinion, but it is just so similar to the Landon and on a last that isn’t in current production.

Main differences from the Landon are the flat welt, different last, and the pull tab.

View attachment 1970375

I thought the First was on the 65 last, if not which one?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I just cannot do a sneaker at work. I bought a Park Sneaker and it now lives in Mexico. Use them for casual dinners but not an all day shoe. I reserve my suede BB MacNeil on Dainite for walking trails and day trips. I use Strandmoks and Feather welts for work casual. Or any of my plethora of penny loafers.

Dainite is good for dry terrain and long walks. Just wore my strandmoks to walk from Harlem to Inwood.

strider11

Reaction score

The sneaker look is overplayed. I've looked at them but not bought. On some guys, sneakers give the impression they wanted to dress but then ran out of gas. Was at an event in a courthouse recently and saw 2 young lawyers sporting them. I walked by and said, Your client is going to prison, just wear the freakin' leather wingtips next time. They looked bemused.

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got a pair of the Courtside Sport sneakers, and I love them. I wear mine with shorts and jeans.

The sneaker look is overplayed. On some guys, it looks like they wanted to dress but then ran out of gas. Was at an event in a courthouse recently and saw 2 young lawyers sporting them, I walked by and told them, Your client is going to prison, just wear the freakin' leather wingtips next time. They looked bemused.

Yeah, but what he is talking about are sneaker sneakers, not something you'd wear with anything other than casual outfits.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Higgins Mill in Brown cxl, with dark stripes on the right boot as part of F2 lottery!
20230608_121047.jpg
20230608_121134.jpg
20230608_121154.jpg

DawgPound

Reaction score
Yours are flat welt, and many are, but there were reverse welts. View attachment 1970433
Plus, I have an 11EEE pair with a natural reverse welt and shaved burgundy shell for sale if any one is interested 😀
Um…shaved burgundy?!?! When you mentioned that before, I thought you were joking. I’m potentially interested…

Also, in case you’re interested, I have a pair of new-in-box Strand weaves in OLIVE.

Shoot me note on what you’re thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads