• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where were you on May 26, 1997 (a Monday) when these beautiful Sanfords were being made?

B154BC0D-EF82-4C36-BAEF-3101D64D6DF3.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where were you on May 26, 1997 (a Monday) when these beautiful Sanfords were being made?

View attachment 1883747
Interestingly, that was memorial day. I would have thought the factory would be closed for memorial day. The number-1 hit song at that time was "mmmbop," by Hanson.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@AE_Lauren et al. I don't want to get my hopes up...but the Cambridge now appears (again) in burgundy as an option (we've only had brown and black since last year). Fluke or cause for celebrating?

camb burg.jpg

Garrister

Reaction score
What is going on at Allen Edmonds these days? We have a Randolph Slip On Sneaker with cemented construction built on the 65 sneaker last. We have a (traditional) Randolph built on the 79 last. We now have a Randolph Bit Penny built on the 2201 last. Besides being loafers with the same name, these are all totally different shoes. This marketing strategy is not at all helpful to the customer looking for a consistent fit on supposedly the same product.

Lauren_A

Reaction score
@AE_Lauren et al. I don't want to get my hopes up...but the Cambridge now appears (again) in burgundy as an option (we've only had brown and black since last year). Fluke or cause for celebrating?

View attachment 1883809

As far as I know, not a fluke.

Lauren_A

Reaction score
Hey guys. Letting you know I will no longer be posting as AE_Lauren on Style Forum going forward. You all do such a good job helping and educating each other, it feels like the dollars we're putting toward affiliate vendor status and my ability to post here could be better used to support more limited-runs and in-store events.

I will continue to post over on the Facebook group - so if you haven't already joined, I urge you to do that ASAP. I'll be announcing our next Limited Drop very soon 🙂.

You can always reach me via email if you ever have questions, want some insight or would like to share an idea: [email protected]

I'm sad to be leaving SF, but I promise I'll be lurking behind the scenes. Keeping an finger on the pulse of this group will always be a priority of ours at AE. It's been so fun interacting with you all, and I want to say THANK YOU for allowing me to be here.

Cheers to you, and I'll see you over on Facebook!

❤️AE_Lauren

Garrister

Reaction score
Hey guys. Letting you know I will no longer be posting as AE_Lauren on Style Forum going forward. You all do such a good job helping and educating each other, it feels like the dollars we're putting toward affiliate vendor status and my ability to post here could be better used to support more limited-runs and in-store events.

I will continue to post over on the Facebook group - so if you haven't already joined, I urge you to do that ASAP. I'll be announcing our next Limited Drop very soon 🙂.

You can always reach me via email if you ever have questions, want some insight or would like to share an idea: [email protected]

I'm sad to be leaving SF, but I promise I'll be lurking behind the scenes. Keeping an finger on the pulse of this group will always be a priority of ours at AE. It's been so fun interacting with you all, and I want to say THANK YOU for allowing me to be here.

Cheers to you, and I'll see you over on Facebook!

❤AE_Lauren
Was it something I said?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going with the MacSteal today. Seconds for $97. Not only did AE waste material, they did it at a loss.
637DB367-D8C2-4F39-AFB3-862A4081014C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads