• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff928

Reaction score
Yesterday I wore these newly acquired chili Shaker Heights to the grocery store to pickup some supplies for a belated Saint Patrick's Day party. These are probably a decade old, so I gave them a much needed conditioning followed by some Saphir mahogany cream.
PXL_20230318_212131806.jpg

The top-down view isn't bad, but with these boots it is all about viewing them from the side.
PXL_20230318_212211249.jpg

@middlepP You are correct about the lining. It is the softest leather lining in my collection.
PXL_20230318_212124115.jpg

Today I'm wearing my first trunk show purchase, green shell Strands on double JR, to the belated Saint Patrick's Day party.
PXL_20230319_153859437.jpg

Beer socks are appropriate for today.
PXL_20230319_153908609.jpg

Thanks @AEfaninTampa for the heads up on shoe trees. I was about to spend some of my collector points to buy four pairs, but this saved me some cash.
PXL_20230318_171306436.jpg

Those are the blue Neumoks? What is their actual model name
It's not the blue Neumok, it's a dark blue Jingle Bel Mok (4626) webgem from 2013. This shoe threw me for a loop at first too. It wasn't easy finding information on a limited run shoe from a decade ago that shares the same name as a popular red/green shoe. Couldn't find anything about the shoe at Issu, but I did see a picture of one next to the red/green Jingle Bel Mok in the 2014 holiday catalog. Eventually I turned my search to archive.org and found a capture from late 2013 that actually had the shoe for sale.
archive2.jpg

Closeups of the two shoes with images downloaded from AE's 2013 webpage. The biggest three differences are the shade of blue, the contrast stitching and the edge color. I like the edge color of the Neumok more than the Jingle Bel Mok.
JingleBelMok.jpg

Neumok.jpg

Here is a link to a semi-functional capture. I must warn you, looking at AE's webpages from the past will lead you down a deep rabbit hole. I've discovered too many shoes that I didn't know existed but now desire. The CXL Stirling, the Banchory that was just mentioned, the 1776, gator Kenilworths, blue Cronmok, a spectator version of the Manistee belt … the list is large. You can also find some crazy stuff from the past, like these gator Randolphs.
archive3.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, piping and profila binding aren't the same thing? I've been thinking of them interchangeably. Forgive me, oh wise one.

I believe Bedo's Leatherworks has posted videos of replacing piping on dress shoes before. It's the kind of thing I'm thinking of reaching out to AE about first, though, in case they'll do the work complimentarily.

I forgive you. If you want to see the comparison, I posted this back in 2016.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I wore these newly acquired chili Shaker Heights to the grocery store to pickup some supplies for a belated Saint Patrick's Day party. These are probably a decade old, so I gave them a much needed conditioning followed by some Saphir mahogany cream.
View attachment 1921843

The top-down view isn't bad, but with these boots it is all about viewing them from the side.
View attachment 1921847

@middlepP You are correct about the lining. It is the softest leather lining in my collection.
View attachment 1921849

Today I'm wearing my first trunk show purchase, green shell Strands on double JR, to the belated Saint Patrick's Day party.
View attachment 1921851

Beer socks are appropriate for today.
View attachment 1921853

Thanks @AEfaninTampa for the heads up on shoe trees. I was about to spend some of my collector points to buy four pairs, but this saved me some cash.
View attachment 1921855

It's not the blue Neumok, it's a dark blue Jingle Bel Mok (4626) webgem from 2013. This shoe threw me for a loop at first too. It wasn't easy finding information on a limited run shoe from a decade ago that shares the same name as a popular red/green shoe. Couldn't find anything about the shoe at Issu, but I did see a picture of one next to the red/green Jingle Bel Mok in the 2014 holiday catalog. Eventually I turned my search to archive.org and found a capture from late 2013 that actually had the shoe for sale.
View attachment 1921857

Closeups of the two shoes with images downloaded from AE's 2013 webpage. The biggest three differences are the shade of blue, the contrast stitching and the edge color. I like the edge color of the Neumok more than the Jingle Bel Mok.
View attachment 1921859
View attachment 1921861

Here is a link to a semi-functional capture. I must warn you, looking at AE's webpages from the past will lead you down a deep rabbit hole. I've discovered too many shoes that I didn't know existed but now desire. The CXL Stirling, the Banchory that was just mentioned, the 1776, gator Kenilworths, blue Cronmok, a spectator version of the Manistee belt … the list is large. You can also find some crazy stuff from the past, like these gator Randolphs.
View attachment 1921863
Wow…. So in other years, AE has offered blue shoes during December as a Hanukkah thing or as the tinsel ave.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My grandfather was Jewish, so we celebrated both Christmas and Hanukkah.

I would instantly buy a dedicated Hanukkah shoe. Imagine a reissue of the post 2001 Sanford (4 eyelet) in blue with all brass eyelets (like the candles on a menorah). They could call it “The Eight Nights.”

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly... I may cop whenever they go on sale these as my Killshot 2s are dying.

I really have to give AE some credit for the sneakers. Mine have been through hell and back. Running through airports to catch flights, Disneyworld, dog parks…they’ve really held up! And they clean up nicely when I need to utilize them for something very casual but presentable.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Wearing black Horween Chromexcel McTavishes today. The Chromexcel is very soft and comfortable but you can't get it really shiny.

View attachment 1919971

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a twisty tree and me in Palisades Park in Santa Monica CA.

View attachment 1919973

For fans of twisty tree pictures in shoe threads, another twisty tree and a squirrel.

View attachment 1919975

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, the Spirit Of 76.

Tea, a little Victoria Sponge, and me in the Tea Room at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica.

My original plan was to go to Ye Olde King's Head on my birthday last month. Then my brother came to Los Angeles since one of the shows, "The Secret Garden", was playing at the Ahmanson Theater and he invited me out for lunch on my birthday.

So I went to Ye Olde King's Head today and after the usual Coronation Chicken Sandwiches, scone, and tea had a little Victoria Sponge and stuck a candle in it. Didn't think it would be prudent to stick seventy six candles plus one for good luck in the little Victoria Sponge.

View attachment 1919977

For fans of random Santa Monica pictures in shoe threads, they aren't monkeying around on 2nd Street.

View attachment 1920015

Every tourist who goes to Santa Monica takes a picture of the Santa Monica Pier from the corner or Colorado and Ocean. This is what you see if you stand on the corner of Colorado and Ocean and look the other way.

View attachment 1920019
Nice photo of the Shepard Fairey mural.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Any ideas of upcoming sales? I have a pair of shoes that I like on sale and I know that AE does 20-30 percent off in addition on sale items. Can anyone refresh my memory when it would happen

anaxagoras

Reaction score
Any ideas of upcoming sales? I have a pair of shoes that I like on sale and I know that AE does 20-30 percent off in addition on sale items. Can anyone refresh my memory when it would happen

There is sale stuff on the site now, but would have to say that we are actually drawing to the very last of the post Christmas sale. (they were very heavily emailing about sale items in February and late January, of which I bought a few as did no doubt others).

dc_slicker

Reaction score
There is sale stuff on the site now, but would have to say that we are actually drawing to the very last of the post Christmas sale. (they were very heavily emailing about sale items in February and late January, of which I bought a few as did no doubt others).
I guess I need to wait to see if AE emails me a coupon then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics