• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"That guy" is back

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is infected with Key-recorder trojan called TR/Spy.Banker.vk.1

I think that stupid Sartorialsit blog is infected and linking pictures here is not a good idea.

Tell J.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must suck when you leave the house after putting your wife's socks on by accident.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That jacket is insanely ill fitting. Fine, you like a tight jacket, but for the love of all that is holy have the tailor make a tight Dege-military-style-hourglass shape, don’t wear it so damn tight that one can see wrinkles where one’s fat is trying to spread out of the jacket!

And I agree, the shoulders are atrocious. What he is wearing is worn so merely to garner attention, he simply has no true style of self; he is the antithesis of say, Agnelli. He merely dresses this way in order to make himself infatuated with his own self-delusional ‘good taste’.

Jon.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sartorialist has grown, frankly, disgustingly clubby. The photography is still very good though.

Most of the people you see on there seem striking at first glance, but then you take a better look at the picture and realize no, just another fussy looking douche.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
man, he's doing his thing. give the guy a break.

QFT....folks get so bent out of shape when someone breaks out of the proper norm. I'm sure he thinks he's awesome, the people he comes in contact probably consider him "one of the best dressed people I know"....so ultimately he couldnt give a **** what a bunch of random interneters would think of his gear because in his world he's probably highly thought of, sartorially

I don't care for some of his choices, but he's rokken it like dokken

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
QFT....folks get so bent out of shape when someone breaks out of the proper norm. I'm sure he thinks he's awesome, the people he comes in contact probably consider him "one of the best dressed people I know"....so ultimately he couldnt give a **** what a bunch of random interneters would think of his gear because in his world he's probably highly thought of, sartorially

Um, let me see if I understand it: people on a Men’s clothing forum which pride themselves in dressing well would know less about what is considered “well dressed” than the general public that is ‘that guy’s’ acquaintances (or people he comes in contact with)?

Coming from someone who is so well dressed as yourself, with a fantastic individual style that truly is yours, I find your comments peculiar, to say the least.

Jon.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, but dude, he's got purple friggen socks on. I think the outfit is okay without the purple girl socks. I bet his friends say to him "you're one of the best dressed people I know except for those damn socks."

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the guy is fine. but that lady in the baggy anchor blue lesbian overalls is pure sheit...
bigstar[1].gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GS, let me preface this by saying that you are easily one of the most stylish, best dressed people on this board. Period.

However, I think you and I subscribe to slightly different schools of what constitutes style. To me, someone's individuality/iconoclasm/self-confidence can make them much more stylish. However, taken by itself, I don't consider this "rockin it" attitude to be something stylish. It has to be combined with aesthetic soundness. When the basics (fit, color/texture coordination, etc.) are wrong, this **** you edge can actually be highly detrimental to the overall stylishness of a person.

Also, whether or not the person in question is seeking or cares about our approval is immaterial.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Um, let me see if I understand it: people on a Men's clothing forum which pride themselves in dressing well would know less about what is considered "well dressed" than the general public that is "˜that guy's' acquaintances (or people he comes in contact with)?

Coming from someone who is so well dressed as yourself, with a fantastic individual style that truly is yours, if find your comments peculiar, to say the least.

Jon.

I think you missed his point. It's not whose opinion is more well-informed in some abstract sense, but whose opinion this guy might give a rat's ass about.

That said, I still think the guy looks like a tool.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green, pink, white, purple, and black velvet.
Not a good choice for a person to display good taste.
Honestly, I think most of the elements on their own are good, but in combination it ='s "I am wearing my asshat today, might you be so kind as to kick me in the mouth?"
On another note, the stitching on the shoulders....I have several cashmere blazers with this, is this asshole details?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads