• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Terrible NBA officiating

S. Paul

Reaction score
So the Lakers managed to hang on at the end to win the Championship last night, despite what was (in my humble opinion, anyways) absolutely terrible officiating.

I'm not even a Laker fan per se, but against the Celtics I was definitely rooting for LA. It was amazing how many times the officials "missed" blatant moving screens from Boston. Or the number of times they blew a call, like Garnett hacking across Odom's arms and they call it "out of bounds". It's not out of bounds, it's a FOUL.

Just seemed really lopsided, even the announcers had several occasions where they looked at a play in slow-mo and said something like "wow, that sure doesn't look like a blocking foul to me, Kobe had position and it should have been a charge".

Whatevs, I hope the NBA reviews that game closely. For awhile it was looking like there was some pay-off going on there.

SP

CMJTperry

Reaction score
If you are going to ***** at that game look back at the first 3 games. I'm not a fan of either team but ****** calls went both ways. Seriously some one breathes on Bryant or James (when he is playing) and its a foul. Look how many time Lakers went to line in 4th quarter. I don't think it was biased either way. If Ray Allen hit a few shots, different outcome.

horton

Reaction score
or for the sake of balance, the huge discrepency in fouls. LA legitimately earner more trips to the stripe but ther disparity was ridiculous. You also have Gasol's clear up and down, or travel with a non-call at a key point in game.

Agree with earlier comments. Officiating stunk

S. Paul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CMJTperry
If you are going to ***** at that game look back at the first 3 games. I'm not a fan of either team but ****** calls went both ways. Seriously some one breathes on Bryant or James (when he is playing) and its a foul. Look how many time Lakers went to line in 4th quarter. I don't think it was biased either way. If Ray Allen hit a few shots, different outcome.

Absolutely, I'm not going to argue with you on that one about Bryant or James usually getting any foul call they want, but I'm going to also say that goes for Paul Pierce. Any time he goes into the lane, he's getting an automatic foul.

Yeah, you could say that it would have been a different result if Ray Allen had hit a few shots, that's correct - but you could say the same about the Lakers and their many missed free throws, or had Kobe actually had an outstanding scoring game, or whatever.

All I was trying to say is that it seemed pretty bad last night and that was a little surprising to me since it was Game 7.
SP

CMJTperry

Reaction score
I just think there were bad calls (or non calls) on both ends. Not sure anyone can fault the refs for letting them play. If you were wearing Green colored glasses it would drive you nuts that Gasol's basket counted at such a critical stage of the game. Bottom line is, I think Lakers were a better team and when you earn home court advantage it pays. I am shocked the Celtic's beat both Cleveland and Orlando to get where they did and still took Lakers to 7 games. My hat's off to them. As far as what I said about Ray Allen missing shots, I think its a huge difference that he went so cold when he is one of the greatest shooters in NBA history vs the Lakers missing Free Throws (I don't think that's a shock to anyone). Anyway just my opinion. Good series.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads