• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Terminator Salvation

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
You mean Batman? Seriously, did he have to do the exact same voice? Bale is a much better actor than that. As others have said, I preferred the other character.
huh? he sounded nothing like batman. worthington did an ok job, but couldn't really support the role given to him. and seriously who wants to see a ******* terminator movie that's about some random dude from the past? it's about john conner, all the time. that's the premise of the franchise, and if they had stuck to that it would've been better. I think the biggest thing that bothered me (besides robots having USB ports) was that skynet had dozens of opportunities to kill connor and miffed it. look at the beginning - he climbs out of the bunker and finds everyone dead, a hunter killer taking off in the distance. we've already established that machines communicate with each other, so why didn't the ship return when he gets attacked by a terminator 10 seconds later? another huge flaw is how would skynet know about kyle reese at all? it doesn't have knowledge of its own future, so...? on top of all this - why the **** does skynet have lights and computer consoles in its 'headquarters'? also, we already know that cyberdine systems: a. wasn't purchased by the USAF (see 3rd movie) b. was located in a military base in los alamos (see 3rd move again) .. so how is san francisco the supposed control center? and their building is a giant skyscraper in the middle of an industrial wasteland, with doors, windows and lights?? and CHAIRS?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
huh? he sounded nothing like batman. worthington did an ok job, but couldn't really support the role given to him. and seriously who wants to see a ******* terminator movie that's about some random dude from the past? it's about john conner, all the time. that's the premise of the franchise, and if they had stuck to that it would've been better. I think the biggest thing that bothered me (besides robots having USB ports) was that skynet had dozens of opportunities to kill connor and miffed it. look at the beginning - he climbs out of the bunker and finds everyone dead, a hunter killer taking off in the distance. we've already established that machines communicate with each other, so why didn't the ship return when he gets attacked by a terminator 10 seconds later? another huge flaw is how would skynet know about kyle reese at all? it doesn't have knowledge of its own future, so...? on top of all this - why the **** does skynet have lights and computer consoles in its 'headquarters'? also, we already know that cyberdine systems: a. wasn't purchased by the USAF (see 3rd movie) b. was located in a military base in los alamos (see 3rd move again) .. so how is san francisco the supposed control center? and their building is a giant skyscraper in the middle of an industrial wasteland, with doors, windows and lights?? and CHAIRS?
I assumed that building was something they took over, but yeah my suspension of disbelief was straining at that point. Bale totally reprised his Batman voice.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Saw it this weekend. The heart surgery thing made me puke it was so cheesey.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Thank y
Bale totally reprised his Batman voice.

Thank you!

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
huh? he sounded nothing like batman.

worthington did an ok job, but couldn't really support the role given to him. and seriously who wants to see a ******* terminator movie that's about some random dude from the past? it's about john conner, all the time. that's the premise of the franchise, and if they had stuck to that it would've been better.

The entire first movie didn't have JC in it except for a flashback(forward?). The movie can be about John Connor without having him on screen all the time. I think that was the part the radio addresses were originally meant to play, making Connor out to be a mythic super-badass that the average grunt never sees but always hears about. As it stands they're kind of superfluous to the movie.

I think the biggest thing that bothered me (besides robots having USB ports) was that skynet had dozens of opportunities to kill connor and miffed it.

look at the beginning - he climbs out of the bunker and finds everyone dead, a hunter killer taking off in the distance. we've already established that machines communicate with each other, so why didn't the ship return when he gets attacked by a terminator 10 seconds later?

another huge flaw is how would skynet know about kyle reese at all? it doesn't have knowledge of its own future, so...?
Skynet has to be fundamentally marsupialed or there would be no series because Sarah Connor would have been dead 5 minutes into the first movie tbh. I stopped keeping track of ways skynet could been not **** sometime around terminators having chips that are easy to reprogram by human standards.

on top of all this - why the **** does skynet have lights and computer consoles in its 'headquarters'? also, we already know that cyberdine systems:

a. wasn't purchased by the USAF (see 3rd movie)
b. was located in a military base in los alamos (see 3rd move again)

.. so how is san francisco the supposed control center? and their building is a giant skyscraper in the middle of an industrial wasteland, with doors, windows and lights?? and CHAIRS?
I think the point of (a) and (b) is something that was touched on by Connor at some point in the movie: that future isn't the "standard" terminator future. The third movie did that schtick too. Skynet is an inevitability but the way it comes about isn't. Not to mention that SF isn't the only control center, just a local one.

The windows, doors, and light bit could be because iirc Skynet has human traitors working for it. That or they build a whole building for Marcus because he's that damn important.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Saw it this weekend. The heart surgery thing made me puke it was so cheesey.

Not to mention CGI-Arnold ******* crushed the dude's heart. It's not exactly a good donor candidate
facepalm.gif

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
yes but this is a sequel to the 3rd movie, aka judgement day was inevitable, but they delayed it til like 2003 or whenever.

what human traitors? you don't see any. I thought this could've been an interesting area to explore, but nope, not in a McG *************.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
btw you ALL need to watch kingdom of heaven: director's cut. I said it another thread and I will say it again here: best ridley scott movie. better than blade runner; better than gladiator.

what they did in the theatrical release should be a crime.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Arnold's cameo was beyond awesome.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
btw you ALL need to watch kingdom of heaven: director's cut. I said it another thread and I will say it again here: best ridley scott movie. better than blade runner; better than gladiator.

I've been hearing this since 2007. Are there any more battle scenes or is it purely character development?

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sarah Connor Chronicles was a trillion times better anyway. I guess I got human traitors from there and filled in the shittiness of Salvation.

I still think it would be a good movie if somebody else directed it and that theoretical person had the balls to tell Bale to (a) stop using that goddamn Batman voice and (b) stop being a whiny *****.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I've been hearing this since 2007. Are there any more battle scenes or is it purely character development?

there's an extra battle scene at the end, but its a good 40 minutes of actual character development. transforms the movie.

one of the biggest complaints I heard about the theatrical version is how orlando bloom magically transforms from a nobody into a war engineer; in this version it's explained that: a. he's fought before as a calvaryman (how he can ride well), and he was a siege engineer all of his life.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will do. Theatrical version was supershit but I always knew there was a good movie in there somewhere.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Helix
Will do. Theatrical version was supershit but I always knew there was a good movie in there somewhere.
it's just incredible what fox made him edit out. the musical score is amazing as well

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Helix
Sarah Connor Chronicles was a trillion times better anyway. I guess I got human traitors from there and filled in the shittiness of Salvation.

I still think it would be a good movie if somebody else directed it and that theoretical person had the balls to tell Bale to (a) stop using that goddamn Batman voice and (b) stop being a whiny *****.

I just found the entire resistance movement unbelievable. so skynet is an omnipotent force, so powerful you can't even go outside in most cities, so vigilant that you have to live underground in bunkers, yet you cna still have huge staging airfields and random planes in the air at all times?? wtf

or how about how the premise of the camps in the original was that they were basically concentration camps - NO MENTION OF THAT NOW

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics