• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

teach globetrotter about sports coats

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, I am sort of leaning towards getting a few patterned sports coats. I haven't had one since I was maybe 22 or so and didn't really like them that much then. but I am leaning toward a few. I will be getting a few solid blazers, too.

I usually wear dark suits - solid and striped, more double breasted than single breasted.

I am short and extremly broad shouldered, not as fat as I used to be, but not thin. gray/light brown hair, fair skin. blue/green eyes.

I am thinking of 2 tweed jackets, one dark gray donogal (with a nailhead type pattern) one dark blue harris (with a heringbone type pattern).

then 2 lightish weight (8-10 ounce) wool/silk cashmere mix jackets. I am thinking of one blue. the other idea I have, and I am not sure about it, is a double breasted black and white houndstooth with a check overlay.

I know that most people seem to get brown jackets - I am not thrilled about brown. I will wear these for non business functions - essentially when I go out with friends in the evening, when I go to the bank when I am not working, basically to bridge the gap from suits to chinos.

I am pretty willing to take ideas, concepts, suggestions - I don't know about sports coats, advice me please.

thanks

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would do a gun club, you will not regret it..

camel is also a great, versatile color, and I highly recommend it.. I have a camel colored coat from Ralph Lauren blue label, one of my favorites..

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I would do a gun club, you will not regret it..

camel is also a great, versatile color, and I highly recommend it.. I have a camel colored coat from Ralph Lauren blue label, one of my favorites..

+1

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 69 17.7%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 128 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 67 17.2%
  • 31 - 40