1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tattoos - a fashion statement?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hchamp, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Cool.
    She's got a young Carla Bruni thing going on.
    Very cute.

2. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I have always been a fan of text tattoos and not so much of a graphics tattoo. I want to get lyrics from a song tattoos on the inside of my right arm and so far the lyrics that are winning are:

"Graverdigger
    When You dig my grave
    Could you make it shallow
    So that I can feel the rain"

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

at the end of the day, a nice tattoo that doesn't mean shit will still look nice, and a meaningful tattoo that looks like shit will still look like shit.

so true. Thats why I went to the best tattoo artist in my state and said I want this but I want you to do whatever you want with it.

4. Composer_1777

Composer_1777 Senior member

I think tattoo's are more of an artistic expression than fashion. Fashion is trendy and all about what is deemed ahead of the style curve. Fashion and style are often confused... fashion is a bit tacky for me but cleavage always looks good so i leave women to it.

5. rfawcett

rfawcett Member

I don't understand why people like to deface their bodies. The only thing that looks good on skin is clothes and a natural tan.

6. Luddite

Luddite Senior member

Done and done... you weren't kidding about a ribcage tattoo hurting like a mofo... All this talk about endorphins kicking in to dull the pain? Bullshit. Last needle hurt exponentially more than the first one.
    Believe it, haha. I have Lady Liberty and Blind Justice on each side, from the armpit to the hip. Of the 60+ hours of tattoos I have, including the bottom of my neck, my chest, my stomach, my knee, my toes...those two were the worst. EDIT:
    It's funny that he was crying for donations for medical bills not too long ago and now he has enough money to get more tattoos...
    I expect - and hope - that he didn't pay for that shit.

7. zubin

zubin Senior member

I don't understand why people like to deface their bodies. The only thing that looks good on skin is clothes and a natural tan.
    tans are for peasants and daylaborers.... i guess while im quoting thoreau-
    tattoos are all personal taste, as is fashion, as is food, as is sexuality. I don't care what you do to yourself, so why should you care what i do to myself? If you like me as a person and likewise, then everything else is superfluous

8. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

tans are for peasants and daylaborers....

i guess while im quoting thoreau-

tattoos are all personal taste, as is fashion, as is food, as is sexuality. I don't care what you do to yourself, so why should you care what i do to myself? If you like me as a person and likewise, then everything else is superfluous

What about politics?

9. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I have always been a fan of text tattoos and not so much of a graphics tattoo. I want to get lyrics from a song tattoos on the inside of my right arm and so far the lyrics that are winning are:

"Graverdigger
    When You dig my grave
    Could you make it shallow
    So that I can feel the rain"

[​IMG]

10. single speed

single speed Senior member

to each his own. for me...well i guess the photos say it all.
    [​IMG]

11. peshlaki

peshlaki Well-Known Member

Cooper the dog:

[​IMG][/IMG]

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

13. GY!BE

GY!BE Senior member

[​IMG]

Ive been trying to figure out if this is a guy or girl for the past 4 years, someone please verify

14. Rickhard

Rickhard Member

If you have a tattoo with the text " fuck off" at least you don't have to keep saying it !