• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tanner Krolle

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Tanner Krolle still trading? Their Burlington Gardens shop was unusually shut the Saturday before last and now their website is no longer working.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanner Krolle have shut their Burlington Gardens shop and have stopped doing handbags etc. They are going back to their luggage roots and now work out of somewhere on Berkley Square. Their website is still not working.

Speaking to an ex-employee it seems that for women it never had the "name" and though WAGs would go in and admire the merchandise they would buy their bags from Gucci, LV or whichever was this weeks hot bag. Men are less fickle.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanner Krolle is much smaller than either of the companies you mention. They do however do nearly all their work "in house" so in that sense are more similar to LV. I would say in terms of profile it is similar to Globetrotter or Bill Amberg though their products are very different. They have now moved to Sheperd Market (originally the red light district of Mayfair and perhaps it still is but I would not know).

Last edited:

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is certainly a status brand but not one that every man or woman on the street would know.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are joking of course. A brand is a brand there is no before or after. You cannot compare apples and oranges

fourinhand

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Tanner Krolle is still in business? Their website is down except for an email link, which doesn't work. The telephone number on Google is also broken.

I've purchased an old TK attaché case, but it's missing its keys. I'm hoping that they're still in business and will be able to provide replacements.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We tried contacting them last weekend but had no success so I think they may have ceased trading, whether this is a temporary event like Bill Amberg's was or permanent I would like to know.

shoefan

Reaction score
You might try RBJ (or RJ)?)Simpson (http://www.simpson-london.com/news/). They were founded after Tanner Krolle was bought by Chanel. Simpson was founded by a family member from the Tanner Krolle folks. Likely has some of the old T K craftspeople.

From reading Permanent Style, it seems that perhaps they are now making the Tanner Krolle leather goods? (T K was sold by Chanel to a PE firm. Not at all clear that T K has any production facilities themselves.)

If they are able to service the old Tanner Krolle leather goods, they may be able to find or otherwise fashion a key for your locks.

You can go the the Permanent Style website to read about T K and Simpson.

Let us know what you learn.

fourinhand

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I sent an email to Simpson and will let you know if I hear anything (or find another source for a key).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads