• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I finally “rebalanced” today. Which to me always means buying more ****, so I think i mite be doing it rong. In this case, smallcap ETF’s

dhoff10

Reaction score
Heat doesn’t really stop the flu which people seem to compare this to.
Something stops the flu
Screenshot_20200401-182952~2.jpg

All known coronaviruses have also been seasonal. MERs was inverse and peaked in the summer. One of the great mysteries of biology. Probably insanely complicated but the most compelling hypothesis is aggregate vitamin D = herd immunity.

Social distancing is mandatory but I suspect holing up inside is backfiring big time.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Something stops the flu
View attachment 1364734

All known coronaviruses have also been seasonal. MERs was inverse and peaked in the summer. One of the great mysteries of biology. Probably insanely complicated but the most compelling hypothesis is aggregate vitamin D = herd immunity.

Social distancing is mandatory but I suspect holing up inside is backfiring big time.
Interesting observation. Thanks for sharing it. My extremely non-expert understanding, though, is that the one of the primary benefits of social distancing is to buy time to allow the medical system to be better prepared for the cases that will occur coincident with the development of herd immunity — as well as the hope that a vaccine or more effective prophylactic/treatment options will emerge.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
@Omega Male has me worried about bonds too. I'm modestly up since I bought my bond fund shares in early December, like 3% since then. Thinking of taking that off the table and holding cash there too.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something stops the flu
View attachment 1364734

The flu doesn't stop, it bounces between the northern and southern Hemispheres.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heed immunity needs what like 60%-70% of the population to get it? The mortality rate is pointing to something higher than seasonal flu but using a flu like mortality rate is how your get what the White House is projecting for deaths.

How does this relate to investing? I have no idea...maybe deaths aren’t 1M and we get excited and not retest lows

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Also the seasonal argument for this would point to the Southern Hemisphere of the world not having anything currently but that’s not the case.

There’s no indication the virus gives a **** about the weather.

dhoff10

Reaction score
Also the seasonal argument for this would point to the Southern Hemisphere of the world not having anything currently but that’s not the case.
Spreading has been much slower there and most of their cases have been imported until recently, with the onset of fall.

All data suggests good weather slows this down. The only thing Cali did better than NY is have beautiful weather in Feb. It's just orders of magnitude more severe and much more contagious than the flu so it probably won't be a knockout.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads