• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh. My portfolio is a bloodbath. That CEO of DNDN is a tool.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jobs number should provide a bounce today.

Monaco

Reaction score

Don't understand why GPXM is still down? They are producing and have FAR less debt than other miners who are wayyy higher. If I had more to add, I would be here.

No momentum from their previous jump and exposure, people don't really know about it. This is a great company and I'm as dumbfounded as you are...

Perhaps their true value will start showing when their production costs lower DRAMATICALLY (end of 11/early 12).

I was personally going to just wait til the end of the year to buy more, I'm seriously surprised people aren't buying now...it's so...low...

Last edited:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday morning = Tanky Tank Time!!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I probably should have paid more attention to the Beta of GLUU before I loaded up. Oh well heheh. All my other losses have been pretty limited aside from that one.

Yikes: Short selling banned in Greece. That's probably scarier news to me than our downgrade

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bank of America below $7 on bankruptcy rumors.

Anyone up for a bailout?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So happy I did not set any limit orders Friday. All would have been executed and I'd be down still. So many attractive stocks...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd stay far away from REITs, but what do I know, I'm losing ****** right now.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I'm gonna prepare some cash to initiate positions I guess. What a day!

That's what I did, but unfortunately not enough since selling now would mean some losses or almost no more profit on my current holdings.:brick:

Should have been diligent and sold off at set intervals...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can turn the market around right now for you guys if you want. Every time I go long, whatever I bought immediately goes down.

I'm thinking I should take one for the team, open up a massive short position, and get the American recovery back on track, thoughts?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel I should dump my AGNC shares now.. but then I'll be taking a several hundred dollar loss (yes, I'm a small-timer).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads