• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk me out of spending $295 on Hugo Boss shoes

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

cncrd

Reaction score
Whoa... I liked the first pair. Not so sure about the actual shoes as shown in post above.

Still though, I don't get the automatic "Boss sucks" responses here. Not that that hasn't been covered in like 437 other threads.

Originally Posted by Oleg
But the EGs would only make sense if they were something to keep for a number of years. With something a bit more 'fashiony' (there'll be a few who faint at the thought, no doubt) and not to be kept longterm, is it worth it?
If you like them, buy them and wear them with a smile

Sanity in the Hugo Boss battle...

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn my camera phone sucks.
98r3hk.jpg

bewing77

Reaction score
I'm confused now. Most people I know of that buy Hugo Boss eat the inflated price because they think Hugo Boss is a good brand and don't realize that they're buying something that is comparable in quality with something from H&M. That, and they think the label gives some kind of cred. You are thinking about eating the price, knowing full well that you are paying stacks and stacks of cash for nothing but the brand, a brand that you really are wishing wasn't there?

Here's another idea: Spend it on a new phone with a better camera
smile.gif

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually HB shoes are a decent value (alot of them are made in Italy; but unsure about the loafers above).

Quality wise, they're way above H&M. Probably on par with Armani Collezioni.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bewing77
You are thinking about eating the price, knowing full well that you are paying stacks and stacks of cash for nothing but the brand, a brand that you really are wishing wasn't there?

$295 is not a lot for shoes, brand or no brand.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bewing77
I'm confused now. Most people I know of that buy Hugo Boss eat the inflated price because they think Hugo Boss is a good brand and don't realize that they're buying something that is comparable in quality with something from H&M. That, and they think the label gives some kind of cred. You are thinking about eating the price, knowing full well that you are paying stacks and stacks of cash for nothing but the brand, a brand that you really are wishing wasn't there? Here's another idea: Spend it on a new phone with a better camera
smile.gif

I bought them because I like the styling and wasn't able to find a comparable pair by a better manufacturer. I don't care about the manufacturer. I'll be happy so long as they don't fall apart. Besides, 99% of people will be more in awe of the name Hugo Boss than Gaziano & Girling. Of course, we know better.
Originally Posted by othertravel
Actually HB shoes are a decent value (alot of them are made in Italy; but unsure about the loafers above). Quality wise, they're way above H&M. Probably on par with Armani Collezioni.
Yeah, these are made in Italy.
Originally Posted by davesmith
i am joining the "thinks those shoes are great" club.
bigstar[1].gif
Originally Posted by Klobber
$295 is not a lot for shoes, brand or no brand.
teacha.gif

Westbound

Reaction score
What happened to the natural sole, shape, lace on the side, and the double stitching on the vamp?

The ones you linked to above (the navy Hugo Boss) and the ones you bought look totally different than the pair you posted on the first page.

This page:

ASOS Made In England Suede Tassel Loafers

...says that the ones you initially posted were made, "Exclusively for Asos?" How did you come to the conclusion that they were by Hugo Boss?

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Westbound
What happened to the natural sole, shape, lace on the side, and the double stitching on the vamp?

The ones you linked to above (the navy Hugo Boss) and the ones you bought look totally different than the pair you posted on the first page.

This page:

ASOS Made In England Suede Tassel Loafers

...says that the ones you initially posted were made, "Exclusively for Asos?" How did you come to the conclusion that they were by Hugo Boss?

Re-read the OP where he said he couldn't find the exact pics, so he posted something as close as he could find.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads