• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the prices on that page already discounted? Or will they all be dropped by 30%+ once it becomes public?

Not discounted. It is simply a page showing what WILL be on sale. And by using a voucher, you get 30% off.

I imagine (and am hoping), that when the same begins, it will start at 30% off at least and all those items will be marked down. Then I can use my credit to buy discounted shiz.
smile.gif

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score

Not discounted. It is simply a page showing what WILL be on sale. And by using a voucher, you get 30% off.

I imagine (and am hoping), that when the same begins, it will start at 30% off at least and all those items will be marked down. Then I can use my credit to buy discounted shiz. :)

Thanks!
That's what I thought...I want some of the nike items and I don't think they'll sell out, so I am hoping for a higher than 30% dc :)

afc345

Reaction score
Wtf is this, my package from tbs is held up in customs:

Jan 2, 2013 09:25 Clearance delay - Import - SKEDSMOKORSET NO Shipment requires a Commercial Invoice.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jan 2, 2013 09:25 Clearance delay - Import - SKEDSMOKORSET NO Shipment requires a Commercial Invoice.

One day the golden TBS tit is going to stop pumping milk. I predict first world outrage when it happens.

BigC222

Reaction score
It happens all the time. The delay shouldn't take long and you will get your package in a day or two.

Sym

Reaction score
What's the highest percentage Lanvin gets discounted on their site?

Most are at 30% but the ones I'm looking to pick up aren't moving at all, do they get reduced even further?

Sym

Reaction score
^ Maybe it's a terrible iteration or I have large feet, but what I'm looking to pick up hasn't been moving at all, I've been monitoring it since the private sale started last week. I already picked up the two pairs I really wanted before they sold out, I'm just not sure if I should pull the trigger or if they get discounted further since they're just sitting there. The money saved would just go towards Fedex fees from a few previous TBS orders (almost $100).

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only a few went into the sale. The others were only added to the site recently.

It's older, limited sized stock which goes into the sales.

Voucher, Discount Code and lack of tax ends up in a pretty good deal from TBS.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosspost from RFT. TBS disappoints lately.

Just recieved Lanvin sneakers from TBS. look like a second hand eBay purchase. Sole dirty and showing wear. FFS!

Ordered these Dries a couple of days ago from TBS:

Got them today.
Opened up the box. Wrinkles on the upper leather, bruises on the wood sole, and they have clearly been walked around in since the sole is dirty. No tags whatsoever.

Still wanted to try them on. Could barely get them on my feet and when they were finally on, they were too long. When I took them off, the front of the insole got loose and rolled up a bit. Looks like it was poorly glued.

Overall very disappointing from both Dries, in terms of quality, and TBS for actually selling this. I hope they believe me when I return them.

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine had no tags either and the paper/cardboard that is usually stuffed into new shoes was just sitting on top of the shoes in the box so clearly a return.
Have sent them pictures as requested so will see what becomes of the situation. Unfortunately the colourway is sold out everywhere as well so not just an easy return and swap :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads