• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk about the loudest thunderclap you've ever heard

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A storm just rolled through, loud thunder, but not the loudest thunderclap I've ever heard. I remember one when I was about 13 that I swear sounded like a cross between a bomb and a Singapore cane strike.

Andrewc2232

Reaction score
I was in Sorrento, Italy. Awesome thunderstorm--one thunderclap woke me up at 3AM and I remember my exact thoughts the exact second I heard it: "Oh **** man ******* Vesuvius we gotta get outta here ****".

It knocked a glass of water off of my bedside table.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
there was this one time it was so loud it triggered the alarm of several cars in our street

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standing in a churchyard when lightning struck the steeple. Friggen LOUD.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's see. I can't remember which was louder. My car got hit once which was friggin loud. I was in the garage another time and lightning hit the tree about 30 feet away in the yard. That was loud as well. You know you're close when you can feel the electricity in the air and smell the burnt air.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My garage got hit by lightning (dad had a HAM radio antenna mounted outside) once and it actually wasnt all that loud. I agree with Crane though, you could smell and feel it, and there was a weird plasma/fog that wafted around the garage for a few minutes.

skyman

Reaction score
In high school science class, lightening hit a tree about 25 ft from the building, my ears were buzzing and the teacher jumped nearly a foot off the ground. I seriously thought the whole place was falling down (the building was an old disused school my high school took over for a year whilst ours was being rebuilt).

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While laying on the couch along the outer wall of my parents' sunroom as a kid, lightning struck the tree directly on the other side of the wall. Maybe 6 feet away. That one puckered up my butthole for sure.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
While laying on the couch along the outer wall of my parents' sunroom as a kid, lightning struck the tree directly on the other side of the wall. Maybe 6 feet away. That one puckered up my butthole for sure.

permanently puckered?
confused.gif

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I clap my hands really loudly and it sounds kinda like a thunderclap.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
11 years ago lightning hit a tree 3 feet behind me on the golf course. I was immediately knocked unconscious and was sent flying twenty feet through the air. After about 20 seconds I regained consciousness and realized I was still alive. I never heard the thunder and fortunately didn't receive any electrical shock. I went back to the scene the next day and measured the distance from the tree to my footprint then to the area where I landed. I was actually very fortunate to come away with only minor scrapes and some soreness, especially since the tree was pretty well destroyed and I could have been seriously injured from the big pieces of the wood that were lying around. It was a very surreal experience to say the least!
eh.gif

chenc

Reaction score
once I was driving o highway and one landed right in front of me about 15 ft away nothing happened didn't even hear a sound.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads