• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T-Shirts

HugoNguyen414

Reaction score
Hello I've been reading this forum for a while now and over the past year I've upgraded my clothing style to a more mature phase, I've outgrown my "abercrombie phase". Well I need advice on what is a tasteful t-shirt. I want t-shirts where people won't look at me and think I'm a kid. I'm not a fan of ed hardy t-shirts and I've seen some burberry t-shirts at bloomingdales but they seem "too youthful"

Catalyst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HugoNguyen414
Hello I've been reading this forum for a while now and over the past year I've upgraded my clothing style to a more mature phase, I've outgrown my "abercrombie phase". Well I need advice on what is a tasteful t-shirt. I want t-shirts where people won't look at me and think I'm a kid. I'm not a fan of ed hardy t-shirts and I've seen some burberry t-shirts at bloomingdales but they seem "too youthful"

I prefer the Banana Republic "Fitted Vee". Not too big of a V like some shirts, and classic styling. Plus, they fit me perfect(most important) and seem to last a long time. They also have a nice texture which I like. Watch out because Banana Republic carries another V t-shirt and it sucks. The tag must read "Fitted Vee" inside. They are not sold at BR outlets either.

Hope this helps you out; I can't believe there are 77 views and 0 replies...

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, seriously just buy some american apparel shirts. stay away from banana republic
Originally Posted by Catalyst
Hope this helps you out; I can't believe there are 77 views and 0 replies...
cuz theres a thread for basic questions, numbnuts

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy plain V-neck t-shirts in a bunch of colors. Find one that fits your body type--you want slim, but not tight.

Search the forum for the t-shirt thread and read through that.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HugoNguyen414

you can do really nice japanese loopwheeled ts, like those by studio d' artisian, real mccoy, etc.
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

OR, rogues gallery has some really great t's that are well designed, unique, and priced well:

http://www.roguesgallery.com/shop/4-tees
http://www.roguesgallery.com/shop/2-vintage

OR, velva sheen makes some great stuff too:

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...nd=Velva+Sheen

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Foxtrot56
Wow only $100 for a two pack, what a deal.
there really great shirts though. they keep there shape over time which is really nice in a t. but yeah, if your after a br/gap value these might not be your thing. hey, HugoNguyen414 you might also want to check out the w v. g t's as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads