• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SW&D CHALLENGE: ENTRY-LEVEL/POVERTY TIER/PREVIOUS-LEVEL ie NO DESIGNERS ALLOWED (JULY 5-19)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm expecting a lot of white Vans slip-ons...

Don't forget, there's already an official thrift/discount store fit bragging thread with some great ten dollar fits. It's a bit MC-oriented, but some people -- like eazye and Chet B -- have done some amazing sw/d-ish things as well.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
repost
OL coat (on sale, but sure)
hm tee
dockers pleated relaxed fit
vans

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You could probably recreate my fit with a thrift/Lee type jacket and Uniqlo T/jeans and Vans or Chucks.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have like 5 entry level things somewhere in my closet that I'm fairly sure could make up an entire outfit.
I'm assuming Zara, Club Monaco, J Crew etc is all fine?
If it ends up being like a $500 outfit limit it will be a lot easier I think.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I look forward to the entries for his challenge but I'm speculating that 75% of the forum is ineligible just from the shoe requirement hahaha.

even i own a pair of nikes. i'll try and join in this current level challenge

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
As a lifelong, card-carrying non-baller, I think the most challenging part is going to be remembering early enough that I can go outside wearing a jacket and not literally die from overheating.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No-shoes guy is gonna win this. Mark my words.

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried a few cheap outfits the last few days that weren't just all Nike sportswear. All have been pretty bad. This one looks alright I think, but the photos did not come out well. I might edit this and replace it later if I come up with something better before the end of the contest. I have some non-collab Uniqlo stuff that might look alright. I realised that I usually depend on one or two designer items in my outfits and without them it just gets very basic, which is okay for day to day outfits but not really interesting for the forum. Looking forward to what everyone else comes up with.

Ceremony (Korean brand): Short Sleeve Sweatshirt $AUD35
K-Mart: Long sleeve tee RRP $AUD6
Cotton On: Slouch Tapered cut denim RRP $AUD50
Adidas: Stan Smiths RRP $AUD120
Surplus: Backpack RRP $AUD30
Unbranded: Paracord bracelet off eBay RRP $AUD2
RRP Total: $AUD243

It really adds up even for cheap crap. I paid a bit less than this since most of the items were on sale, but will just use RRP for the total.

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

H&M knit sweater shirt thing like $20 maybe
H&M jeans $30
vans vault $120 or something

SprezzaTrash

Reaction score
I was told to post this in here! Experimenting with normcore/90's vibes.

Everything is mall ****. Jacket from Gap, Jeans from pacsun, and Vans Old Skools. Favorite piece is the sweater (from J. Crew) and I really love it due to its comfort and faded color.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Nice, getting some participation! Should we just cruise with the original concept?

I would say collabs are fine, FYI. Within reason (Raf Stans are like $500 WTF?). N&F denim okay too, since it's entry level raw denim (was my first pair anyways).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads