• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SW&D CHALLENGE: COLORS APLENTY! (SEPTEMBER 3-18)

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, thanks to @basil rathbone for heading the previous challenge, job well done

I was thinking I'd echo his introductory statement of "Creativity comes from constraint" and so for this challenge it's about colors used.

NO BLACK PIECES
If you think it'll be impossible for you to put together an outfit you like following the above, ONE black article of clothing/footwear is allowed

At times there is a undeniable lack of colors in our WAYWT-thread, especially during the warmer months when it's obviously harder to layer all your cool ****.
However it's getting cooler now and people are starting to break out stuff other than tees and shorts, so for this challenge I want to dare you to not wear black.

Rules:
1. Max 1 piece of black or grey clothing, but preferably none
2. White is allowed, so while black and grey as mentioned above are disencouraged, this is not a completely anti-monochrome challenge

That's more or less it, can't really think of anything else I'd need to clarify regarding rules, wear whatever you want as long as it's some color.

Feel free to add more inspiration pics of your own

Last edited:

scenicside

Reaction score
Xpost from WAYWT

Shorts are a deep gray color with slight blue hint, sandal straps are a dark navy

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This challenge was hard for me since most of my pants are black or grey.
Nice contest theme, KoY.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

MM
Silent
Japan Blue
Guidi

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Close up/top down shows colours better.
Also made me realise how few colours I have.

OAMC (navy)
Qlo (beige)
Geller (blue)
Nike (black/multi)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Late summer blooms
Journal Standard
Epaulet
Old Town
Vass

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum what season is that Uniqlo shirt from? The texture looks kinda cool at a distance. Didn't know they ever had collarless/grandad shirts outside of the Lemaire collab.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Current season as far as I know,
Picked it up in Australia about 2 weeks ago, "beige cotton twill". They had basic whites and blues and stuff too.

basil rathbone

Reaction score

Acne
qlo
Levi's
RLBL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads