• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SUPERFUTURE GHETTO thread: All things Supertalk

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The same goes for Alexander McQueen. I found a beautiful cardigan by him that I loved and it was one thousand dollars. Absurd. I suppose I'll wait until it goes on sale. Even Raf Simons and Cloak are better for my wallet.

BTT

Reaction score
I thought about killing myself when Sufu crashed. How many other sufu members contemplated suicide?

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Get your latkes here, hot latkes.

v84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
I recall Ryu's post. The thing is, I don't recall his description of what makes "structure denim" different. I mean, I have vertical falling on my PBJs (which are still very young) and even APC Rescues. I feel as though The Flat Head makes nice jeans, but I can't judge them until I try them on, I guess. I have had the opportunity of seeing/touching the other stuff (basically everything carried at BiG), but not The Flat Head.

Hey westside, I know what you mean, ive contemplated TFH's but everytime a different brand seems more fitting, I liked the slim ones 3001 ....but the zip fly.... i liked the look of the 5100s but if im going all out for snazzy fabric ( first time ive typed that word ) then I have eternal 868 or my satokibis.... TFH fabric does appear to be structure denim, and thats special, vertical lines of fade should be cherished, your pbjs, although slubby and fading irregular wont be the same as TFH jeans, in the evo thread I put my howies ( structure denim ) fades next to my pbj fades, with the howies you can put a ruler and follow the same fade line for 6inches, its like someone put a bleach-tipped needle along a ruler on em a thousand million times; the same cannot be said for the PBJs. But they do fade in an irregular manner and have a unique charm. But all serious collections deserve some structure denim, so many people have eternals solely for there fabric i think.

Also, heavy denim isnt better denim, full count mention how they can produce 13oz denim because they use zimbabwean cotton thats of the highest quality....

Speaking of expensive stuff. Today while browsing grandism I looked at some visvims, what????? £150 for trainers????!??!!? C'mon.

chicken

Reaction score
england_rep.gif

mizanation

Reaction score
hey chicken, quick question. what is the term in japanese for "structure denim"? or is it just "suturakuchya denimu"?

eldave04

Reaction score
sorry poly, i needed a stock in the energy sector and glbl looked good. you are kicking ****** now anyways damn cooper.

chicken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
hey chicken, quick question. what is the term in japanese for "structure denim"? or is it just "suturakuchya denimu"?
yup, ストラクチャーデニム (sutorakucha- denimu): ムラ糸を使用し、特に縦の紺糸の太さを不揃いに 配列することによって、色落ちした際 際立った縦落ちをするデニム。 by weaving with warp threads of varying widths you can achieve more pronounced vertical fades as you wear them in.
teacha.gif

GoodHustle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
We are working on this... The color scheme will stay pretty much the same, but you guys will see some cosmetic changes in the new implementation.

Brian SD or LA GUY - Would it be possible for SF to implement some sort of 'thread preview' feature? On the future for example, when someone moves their mouse over the title of a thread, a yellow box appears with a couple of lines from the first post. I find that feature to be very helpful because it allows me to sort of gauge whether the thread is actually genuine or simply spam. Perhaps I am asking a bit too much of SF since I am just a newbie here but the absence of that feature is literally my only issue with SF. Oh and thanks for being so hospitable during all of the times that the future has crashed!

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoodHustle
it allows me to sort of gauge whether the thread is actually genuine or simply spam
ain't much spam round these parts some out and out noobishness, of which i'm occasionally guilty, but usually that's obvious from the title

jujube

Reaction score
Damn. the first time I really need the superdenim threads to look for some skinny black raw denim options SUFU dies. I miss the future. I miss you all. *group hug*

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoodHustle
Brian SD or LA GUY - Would it be possible for SF to implement some sort of 'thread preview' feature? On the future for example, when someone moves their mouse over the title of a thread, a yellow box appears with a couple of lines from the first post. I find that feature to be very helpful because it allows me to sort of gauge whether the thread is actually genuine or simply spam. Perhaps I am asking a bit too much of SF since I am just a newbie here but the absence of that feature is literally my only issue with SF. Oh and thanks for being so hospitable during all of the times that the future has crashed!

Yes. Actually, the feature was turned off because the present server couldn't handle the increased load, but it will, if all goes as planned, be turned back on when when switch servers.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i´ve been out of town for 10 hours (listened to some new "classical" music in stockholm) and really thought the future would be online when I came back...

Its the same dissapointment as an empty mail box when you´re waiting for some new ebay buys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads