• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suitsupply San Francisco

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

siopao

Reaction score
In a response from customer service earlier today, they said "Our San Francisco store is scheduled for opening half December." I don't know if that means mid-December, first half of December or what, but sometime in December at least.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It means that one will be able to purchase one half of a suit during
December, eg: a jacket, or trousers. Presumably, the other half would
available after a decent interval. For three piece suits this raises the
issue of a more complicated sequential purchase which is best
resolved by contacting the retailer.

Commodore Mark

Reaction score
Or perhaps they are going to have only half-canvassed suits when they open in December?
lol8[1].gif

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know which side of the suit will be canvassed, the
right or the left? This has important implications for pocket
square insertion.

DandySF

Reaction score
I walked by the construction site that is going to be SS in SF, on Maiden Lane. It seems unlikely they'll be able to transform the building by December. Maybe they'll open a pop up shop elsewhere.

Commodore Mark

Reaction score

I walked by the construction site that is going to be SS in SF, on Maiden Lane. It seems unlikely they'll be able to transform the building by December. Maybe they'll open a pop up shop elsewhere.

This store opening has been repeatedly delayed. It's already a multi-year saga. Given all of these delays and the holiday shopping season merely weeks away, a pop-up store seems to be a great idea.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
I think the racy ads from Suitsupply doesn't sit well with the far left of the SF crowd, who even put up signs that Appreciation is killing love.

I mean, really???

NYC and SF are almost equally left, but the former just has a bit more common sense. And this is from a guy who grew up in San Francisco.

You might as well buy from the site in the meantime.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the racy ads from Suitsupply doesn't sit well with the far left of the SF crowd, who even put up signs that Appreciation is killing love.

I mean, really???

NYC and SF are almost equally left, but the former just has a bit more common sense.  And this is from a guy who grew up in San Francisco.

So, does the "far left" in SF buy suits, let alone the crappy ones suit supply peddles?

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mean, really???

NYC and SF are almost equally left, but the former just has a bit more common sense.  And this is from a guy who grew up in San Francisco.

So, does the "far left" in SF buy suits, let alone the crappy ones suit supply peddles?

Wait there are far lefts still in SF? Weren't them all driven and priced out by gentrification? Like, kick this Chinese out, rebuild that black neighborhood building, kick the Mexican out?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait there are far lefts still in SF? Weren't them all driven and priced out by gentrification? Like, kick this Chinese out, rebuild that black neighborhood building, kick the Mexican out?

I believe there are; owners, not renters. Many are quite rich, referred to a few decades ago in NYC and Chicago as " Limousine Liberals"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads