• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit jacket length

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested in this Canali and was wondering if anyone had any experience buying from this particular eBay seller. Â More generally, 33" from top of collar to bottom of jacket sounds awfully long for a regular length suit jacket (the suit jackets in my closet range from 31.5" to 32.5"), but that seems to be the general trend these days. Â What do you all think of this trend?

rayk

Reaction score
A measurement of 33" from top of collar to bottom hem is definitely long for a 40R.  I usually take a 42L, or even a 43 or 44L in Italian labels, such as Attolini, and my jacket lenghs are typically between 33" and 34".

Don't hesitate to contact the seller for confirmation.  I've done so with jackets and have had the seller confirm that either his measurements or listed information were in error.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is longer than my (size 44) canali jackets

Looks like a size 40L to me.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to answer your question about the trend; i don't like it. i wear a 40r also, and i think 30.5" is long enough. it depends on your exact height though.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
33" overall is consistent with they way they are cutting regulars these days. But I still don't like it. That's my personal opinion though. You are going to have to make the call depending on how your current jackets fit.

As for the seller, they often annoy me by misrepresenting no-name Italian brands as retailing for far more than they actually are worth (check their auctions and you will see what I mean. I'm sorry, but Enrico Coveri suits don't retail for anywhere near $1750, or even $750.) But this suit is an authentic Canali so I wouldn't worry about it. They don't have any negatives so you know the suit will show up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads