• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
C&J Waterford in dark oak suede, unlined. Although it is the same model as I posted above in khaki suede, it looks much more casual to me.

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden

IMG_2420.JPG

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RIP my $50 Land's End Archer Classic Buck (2012-2023)

I wore them 4x a week for over a decade.
In 2021, when the soles separated, I crazy glued them back.
But they came apart again and I decided to retire them.

I ordered a spare backup pair back in 2013 for $70
Each year, I could not believe the original pair was still going strong.
I've been storing the backup pair for over a decade and now it's time to unbox them.
Had I ordered a 3rd pair, it would have taken me into retirement.

Here is to another 10 years on the $70 pair!

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X post from the boot thread

Yesterday I received my first Septieme Largeur boots, a very nice surprise, as always I was nervous with sizing but 7L's customer service was very helpful. As reference I use C&J 325, Church's 173, Loake Capital, Carmina Detroit lasts all in 10.5UK. I choose the same size in these boots and fit perfectly, I have a medium high instep and the laces close leaving just a little gap.

Model: Gatsby
Last: 229
Sole: Dainite

A wonderful boot (not sure if I can call it a Chukka). All the elements needed for a great boot are included: materials, design, proportions and craftsmanship.

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pair of Loake chukkas in dark brown just arrived:

Brand: Loake
Model: Livingstone
Construction: GYW
Sole: Crepe
Last: Explorer

A very comfortable chukka, quite versatile. The Explorer last is round and has vertical space so works well in my feet. The GY construction supplies the heft I like in my shoes and the sole the comfort, high recommendable.

Loake's site describe the suede this way: ... Livingstone, our most eco-friendly style yet! In addition to organic, veg-tanned linings which produce less harmful chemicals and poses a lower impact on the environment, the suede used to make the upper is also tanned with a natural extract that gives a new (cleaner) life to what was once a wasteful bi-product of the olive oil industry, offering an even greater benefit to the world around us. What’s more, its threads are made from recycled bottles, its laces are made from a 100% recycled material, and its Goodyear welted soles are made from a natural Crepe – meaning that when the sole has had their day, they can simply return to the earth!

IMG_7962-1.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads