• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
Cheers. No i do not own Snuff, or at least i didn't think i did before i read this post: http://www.redclaysoul.com/loake-kempton-snuff-suede-chukka-boots/ Apparently my Kemptons are snuff suede?

I am honestly abit confused about colors, because i thought my Kemptons was dark brown while snuff is more light brown (to my eyes) - like these Carmina
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-boots/chukka-boots-snuff-suede

The Loakes lean more toward chocolate than snuff from my experience, but each maker is slightly different. The Carminas are what I always thought of as snuff; medium brown/tan. Alden snuff is close.

Here's my Alden LHS loafer in snuff suede vs my Loake Kempton in brown suede. The Loakes are just a touch darker. Loake also has a polo suede which could be closer to snuff since those two color descriptions are used somewhat interchangeably.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Thank you Lexxdeleon. To my eyes the two shoes in that picture look remarkably similar... I would almost say identical.

If you go by purely google images of Loake 1880 Polo Suede this color look much darker - almost chocolate brown.

To sum it up, now i am even more confused whether i would be buying a new pair if i bought snuff suede or whether they be too identical to my Kemptons.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From today, Meermin boots.

38386570336_e2a9c8bfa1_b.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today. AE suede MacNeils.

IMG_2462.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
Following the snuff suede discussion, I really like how the Aldens of Jake from Anglo-Italian have aged, as seen in these pics from a French site:
les+indispensables+paris+anglo+italian.jpeg
anglo+italian+london+jake+grantham+alex+pirounis.jpeg

Mine were too orange, so I put a light coat of gray Fiebings dye on them, which made them more wearable for me. I like the orangish hue on others, but it didn't work well for me.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Alden snuff..

B62D81F3-09F7-474A-83C5-F65EAEF003D7.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads