• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suede Loafer Suggestions?

bantone

Reaction score
Could someone suggest me some good Italian/Spanish/English Suede Penny loafers? I have some American ones by Alden but I notice the last they are on make it a wider shoe and I have a narrow foot. Any brands for me to look at? Thanks!

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone suggest me some good Italian/Spanish/English Suede Penny loafers? I have some American ones by Alden but I notice the last they are on make it a wider shoe and I have a narrow foot. Any brands for me to look at? Thanks!
There are many, but I've been happy with Carmina (XIM, Uetam) and C&J (Harvard, Boston). I've got a few Alden Loafers. I like the Copley and the unlined LHS. The unlined fits more narrow than the lined. If you like Alden, they do have narrow widths.

https://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/loafers/?material=suede
https://www.carminashoemaker.us/mens-loafers
https://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-6243f-upl-handsewn-on-the-last-flex-welt-snuff-suede/
https://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9697f-penny-loafer-flex-welt-dark-brown-suede/

Evergreen88

Reaction score
I recently bought the CJ Sidney in suede, as my first pair of loafers. They are on the beautiful 341 last, which is quite narrow and slightly elongated

IMG-20190302-WA0000~01.jpg

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a narrow foot, you should look at Carmina's 10082, which is on the Simpson last.

This would be my #one-shoe if a gun was pointed at my head. I have 2 identical pair of brown suede, and I MTO-d a pair in navy a few years ago. Brown pair #1 was resoled last summer at Carmina NYC. Brown pair #2 was bought last minute before my trip to Seoul 2 springs ago and I didn't trust the sole health of pair #1.

When I tried on the Uetam last from Carmina, I felt it was shorter in UK 10 than Simpson. Back in the day, the Armoury HK didn't stock 10.5, and I haven't tried it anywhere else.

bantone

Reaction score
I actually do have some Alden LHS. The issue is that they are a 10.5. I probably could use a 10 in them since they tend to slip more when I wear certain socks. Without socks and an insert for my flat feet they feel fine but I feel like they are the edge of slipping lol.

AiQfcao.png

Other than that I feel like I could use a slimmer profile and a more caramel color but I could just be nitpicking b/c overall they look great.

masterphotog

Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice pair of suede shoes also. They would mostly be worn with chinos or jeans.

I really like these, but I'd prefer no toe cap.

Any suggestions on a double monk suede that can be worn casually?

Thank you

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s all about your budget. What are we talking here?
I have Meermins in polo suede which is a shade or two more ‘ginger’ than snuff suede. They have a narrower apron than usually round toed pennies but I like ‘em. Last is a little more formal looking than as an example those Alden’s in the pic up thread. They recently came out with unlined loafers but I haven’t tried them on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads