• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stylish Non-Clothing Things

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goldmund's 135k blu ray player, and their reference turntable is 300k

goldmund_picture_1306230475.jpg

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Goldmund's 135k blu ray player, and their reference turntable is 300k
goldmund_picture_1306230475.jpg

$135,000 USD for a friggin' Blu-ray player?! wow!!!!...it should be great one for that price. A $300,000 turntable had better be fantastic as well.

Also why are uber-expensive things like this so damn ugly? Looks like a souped-up Playstation, the old one. I wouldn't want it in the living room. Suppose it's like those fugly overpriced Goldvish and Vertu mobile phones.

Last edited:

Edgein

Reaction score
Love the 3.0CS. Best looking BMW ever! Had an '88 M3 Black with burgundy interior, second best.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People just aren't fast enough.... Deal with the tiller, handle the jib, and then, SMACK, boom in the face.

No matter how good you are if you jibe and the wind is blowing hard enough you're going down. It's a bonus when it's a kid!

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No matter how good you are if you jibe and the wind is blowing hard enough you're going down. It's a bonus when it's a kid!

That can be true of a tack, I folded a hobie cat hull in half on a windy day once. Rowing a half-floating catamaran home through whitecaps is a tiring experience.

This was on a lake.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That can be true of a tack, I folded a hobie cat hull in half on a windy day once. Rowing a half-floating catamaran home through whitecaps is a tiring experience.
This was on a lake.

rotflmao.gif
I've never gotten blown over while I was on the tiller. Maybe I should take a dinghy out this summer and learn some humility!

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RJman is the best at intellectualizing not intellectualizing things as if he doesn't intellectualize them.
Vox, if you doom this thread to Dumb Threads like my Ambrosi thread, I swear to god . . .

Do it, Vox, do it! Hell, just do it to see if you can do it! :bounce2:

violethour1951

Reaction score
rotflmao.gif
I've never gotten blown over while I was on the tiller. Maybe I should take a dinghy out this summer and learn some humility!

When it's heavy and shifty, a jibe at the wrong time can handily blow over a dinghy even when you have a good skipper -- learn it the hard way at mark roundings
laugh.gif

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
^ please use the spoiler tag and warn that it's NSFW, I'd really like to keep my job :)
Lloyd Reynolds! Did you go to Reed? I did, and have a reproduction of a photo of him from the archives eating in what is now the Student Union (despite having attended long since his departure).
Did you pick off any uneaten or partially eaten food before the trays were tilted into the bins?
I'm trying to decide if this was a happy accident, or if you're deliberately referencing the "scrounging" practice at Reed. As the saying goes, "Are you through with that?"

Last edited:

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

^ please use the spoiler tag and warn that it's NSFW, I'd really like to keep my job :)
I'm trying to decide if this was a happy accident, or if you're deliberately referencing the "scrounging" practice at Reed. As the saying goes, "Are you through with that?"

Yes, I was referring to the scrounging tradition at Reed.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Yes, I was referring to the scrounging tradition at Reed.

You'd tell me if you were sick, right?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member