stylish eye glasses

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackplatano, Nov 4, 2006.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

I need a new pair of glasses. I'm not exactly sure what I want to get yet, if anyone wants to offer up some advice. You all know how I dress by now. I'm kind of on a budget, can probably do $250.00 including lenses.

2. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

regular: prodesign 3 pair

sunglasses: cartier and maui jim

Prodesign = Funky and good quality. Lots of colors that others wont use. (lime green, red, rose...)

Cartier: High end, worth it if you like Gold.

Maui Jim: (*Think Horatio from CSI Miami) Best bang for the buck if you want good polarized lenses. And the companies after-service is one of the best in the industry.

3. CityConnection

I need a new pair of glasses. I'm not exactly sure what I want to get yet, if anyone wants to offer up some advice. You all know how I dress by now. I'm kind of on a budget, can probably do $250.00 including lenses.

Im new to the forum so I dont know how you dress. If you tell me how you dress, I might be able to give you some suggestions. Also what is your prescription? (reason why I ask, some frames are more suitable for certain prescriptions)

4. xchen

xchen Senior member

My prescription is very minor. I am -1.25 in one eye and -1.50 in the other. Here are a few pics of how I normally dress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. CityConnection

My prescription is very minor. I am -1.25 in one eye and -1.50 in the other. Here are a few pics of how I normally dress.

In the first pic, looks like you want something retro. In the second pic, seems like something a bit more sophisticated would work.

There are a few lines that can be retro and still sophisticated. Try looking for some Boss plastic frames, Salt Optics or O&X frames. Your prescription is mild so you can go with any frames. Good luck!

6. g.re

g.re Well-Known Member

7. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Got myself a pair of Mastroianni's

[​IMG][​IMG]

What's the verdict?

8. CityConnection

Got myself a pair of Mastroianni's

[​IMG][​IMG]

What's the verdict?

Salt Optics has a few pairs that look similar to that. Oliver people is expensive, and their styles are nice, but I dont know if their quality is worth their "extra" price...

9. xchen

xchen Senior member

I decided to go with these in tortoise.

[​IMG]

10. dave

dave Senior member

Salt Optics has a few pairs that look similar to that. Oliver people is expensive, and their styles are nice, but I dont know if their quality is worth their "extra" price...

It is. In fact, the pair of Oliver peoples I ended up buying were only $315 and the "equivalent" styles in nearly every other brand were within $50 or so.

I bought the Ari in gloss black and there was nothing else I looked at that even came close in terms of quality IMO. Just have a look at the hardware and you'll see.

11. sushijerk

sushijerk Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with my Nebbs. It's weird though because the tortoise frames definitely have a different shape than the solid ones.

12. xchen

xchen Senior member

I noticed that... They are more rounded near the top. Hmmmm, what do you think? I might call them up and ask about the shape difference.

13. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

I rotate between ic! berlin Heringsdorfs and OP Advocate.

14. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

These costed me $40 online.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

oh snap, i think i just lucked out and found a retailer that carries Salt in my small ass town.