Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stylish eye glasses

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackplatano, Nov 4, 2006.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

I need a new pair of glasses. I'm not exactly sure what I want to get yet, if anyone wants to offer up some advice. You all know how I dress by now. I'm kind of on a budget, can probably do $250.00 including lenses.

2. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

regular: prodesign 3 pair

sunglasses: cartier and maui jim

Prodesign = Funky and good quality. Lots of colors that others wont use. (lime green, red, rose...)

Cartier: High end, worth it if you like Gold.

Maui Jim: (*Think Horatio from CSI Miami) Best bang for the buck if you want good polarized lenses. And the companies after-service is one of the best in the industry.

3. CityConnection

I need a new pair of glasses. I'm not exactly sure what I want to get yet, if anyone wants to offer up some advice. You all know how I dress by now. I'm kind of on a budget, can probably do $250.00 including lenses.

Im new to the forum so I dont know how you dress. If you tell me how you dress, I might be able to give you some suggestions. Also what is your prescription? (reason why I ask, some frames are more suitable for certain prescriptions)

4. xchen

xchen Senior member

My prescription is very minor. I am -1.25 in one eye and -1.50 in the other. Here are a few pics of how I normally dress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. CityConnection

My prescription is very minor. I am -1.25 in one eye and -1.50 in the other. Here are a few pics of how I normally dress.

In the first pic, looks like you want something retro. In the second pic, seems like something a bit more sophisticated would work.

There are a few lines that can be retro and still sophisticated. Try looking for some Boss plastic frames, Salt Optics or O&X frames. Your prescription is mild so you can go with any frames. Good luck!

6. g.re

g.re Well-Known Member

7. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Got myself a pair of Mastroianni's

[​IMG][​IMG]

What's the verdict?

8. CityConnection

Got myself a pair of Mastroianni's

[​IMG][​IMG]

What's the verdict?

Salt Optics has a few pairs that look similar to that. Oliver people is expensive, and their styles are nice, but I dont know if their quality is worth their "extra" price...

9. xchen

xchen Senior member

I decided to go with these in tortoise.

[​IMG]

10. dave

dave Senior member

Salt Optics has a few pairs that look similar to that. Oliver people is expensive, and their styles are nice, but I dont know if their quality is worth their "extra" price...

It is. In fact, the pair of Oliver peoples I ended up buying were only $315 and the "equivalent" styles in nearly every other brand were within $50 or so.

I bought the Ari in gloss black and there was nothing else I looked at that even came close in terms of quality IMO. Just have a look at the hardware and you'll see.

11. sushijerk

sushijerk Senior member

I'm very happy with my Nebbs. It's weird though because the tortoise frames definitely have a different shape than the solid ones.

12. xchen

xchen Senior member

I noticed that... They are more rounded near the top. Hmmmm, what do you think? I might call them up and ask about the shape difference.

13. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

I rotate between ic! berlin Heringsdorfs and OP Advocate.

14. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

These costed me $40 online.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

oh snap, i think i just lucked out and found a retailer that carries Salt in my small ass town.