• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can I embed my instagram acc in my signature so it just reads 'instagram' instead of the full instagram address?

Many thanks in advance
Bloody

You should learn how to use the forum code. Quote my post and copy and paste into your signature. I think that should work:

Instagram

This is general forum code, so what worked on the old site, and most fora, also seems to work here.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the change to the new platform, this often shows up (partial screen capture) when I try to post pictures from my desktop.

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 3.25.37 PM 2.jpg

Sometimes have to try several times before I can get the picture to post, sometimes I have to refresh the page, and sometimes I need to shut down and restart before I am able to post a picture.

(I have an iMac with a wired connection to a modem with highest speed available from Spectrum.)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the change to the new platform, this often shows up (partial screen capture) when I try to post pictures from my desktop.

View attachment 800303

Sometimes have to try several times before I can get the picture to post, sometimes I have to refresh the page, and sometimes I need to shut down and restart before I am able to post a picture.

(I have an iMac with a wired connection to a modem with highest speed available from Spectrum.)
How large are your pictures? We set the maximum image size to 10MB, so that we don't get massive slowdowns of the system while still allowing users to post high definition pictures, but if you are using any professional equipment, those high definition files can get enormous.

Cheers,

Fok.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How large are your pictures? We set the maximum image size to 10MB, so that we don't get massive slowdowns of the system while still allowing users to post high definition pictures, but if you are using any professional equipment, those high definition files can get enormous.

Cheers,

Fok.

Thank you.

I use the "Compress" function on the iMac and compress the photos (taken with a digital camera and imported to iPhoto) to somewhere between 1 and 2.5MB. Before I started to compress the pictures, I got a "File Too Large" message when I tried to post them on Styleforum.

Thanks Again,

Roy

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just yesterday, I tried to attach a very small gif (20pxl x 20pxl) and kept getting an error message to the effect that the file could not be uploaded.

upload_2017-6-22_7-27-4.png

I got the same error when I tried to attach this screen cap. The only way i got it into the post was to paste it from the clipboard.

Nor could I add the gif in question to my media.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday, I tried to attach a very small gif (20pxl x 20pxl) and kept getting an error message to the effect that the file could not be uploaded.

View attachment 801751

I got the same error when I tried to attach this screen cap. The only way i got it into the post was to paste it from the clipboard.

Nor could I add the gif in question to my media.
Very odd. On the other hand, that copy and paste seems to have automatically generated an attachment. Could you tell me your OS and browser? Any extensions that might affect uploads, downloads, etc...? When did this particular issue begin? Nathan is gone for a few more days, and frankly, he, or he and I together are going to have a much better shot and figuring out that problem than me alone. But I'll ask him to read this thread, and see if there isn't something obvious that we are missing.

Cheers,

Fok.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Win 7x64...Firefox x 64

Maybe when I switched back to FF.. will have to test and see if Chrome works.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apparently no problem with Chrome...

shrug2.gif

Now Firefox v.54.0 x 64...

Nope, no go. FF is my favourite browser. I hate having to switch browsers to view a page properly. Course that's why I have the big three all installed...to test out webpages.

I just got done upgrading the Crispin Colloquy. Looked beautiful on Chrome had just resized some Forum icons) but terrible on both FF and MS Explorer. Had to re-resize the icons to make it look right.

So which parsing of the code was right? Chrome? Or were both FF and Exp. wrong?

Sometimes it's the code and not the browser.

Last edited:

seferphier

Reaction score
Since my last post, there had been updates to the alert system and any updates to the thread will be alerted. The trouble is that there are few hundred alerts now and I will ignore them.

I prefer one alert for one thread. If this thread had 5 additional posts, i prefer to get 1 alert rather than 5 alerts.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since my last post, there had been updates to the alert system and any updates to the thread will be alerted. The trouble is that there are few hundred alerts now and I will ignore them.

I prefer one alert for one thread. If this thread had 5 additional posts, i prefer to get 1 alert rather than 5 alerts.
We are working on a solution now to allow more granularity, but for now, this is what it is. Before, because of a built in "dam" in the system, people were not able to get the email notifications that they wanted. I know that some people have had to manually change theirs (incidentally, you can do this on a thread by thread basis using the "all watched threads" page under the bookmark icon), but the overall response to the changes have been overwhelmingly positive. The next phase is to introduce more granularity so that users have more options about the frequency of alerts and/or email notifications.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently no problem with Chrome...

View attachment 802439

Now Firefox v.54.0 x 64...

Nope, no go. FF is my favourite browser. I hate having to switch browsers to view a page properly. Course that's why I have the big three all installed...to test out webpages.

I just got done upgrading the Crispin Colloquy. Looked beautiful on Chrome had just resized some Forum icons) but terrible on both FF and MS Explorer. Had to re-resize the icons to make it look right.

So which parsing of the code was right? Chrome? Or were both FF and Exp. wrong?

Sometimes it's the code and not the browser.

I just ran tests using test (non-admin) accounts on both FF (same version, but the 32 bit) and IE, and images load properly. Sometimes it really is the browser, and whatever your computer does installing them. On Chrome, I can't get a lot of very standard website images to scroll properly (see Yoox). Have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. No dice.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just ran tests using test (non-admin) accounts on both FF (same version, but the 32 bit) and IE, and images load properly. Sometimes it really is the browser, and whatever your computer does installing them. On Chrome, I can't get a lot of very standard website images to scroll properly (see Yoox). Have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. No dice.

That would be the first place I'd look if it weren't for the fact that my FFx64 handles attachments just fine elsewhere.

Again, I administer the Crispin Colloquy--it's phpBB forum that treats uploaded images and files as attachments...very similarly to the way Xenforo (?) does. I never have any trouble with uploading attachments with the phpBB software from FF or Chrome or IE.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads