• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple things -

1. Before when you hovered over a members name, you had the option to PM right from there in a new window and when you closed it, you picked up right where you left off. Now you have to click into the profile and you "lose your place" and have to go back. Is there an easier way Im missing?

2. Saw all my PM's get marked read - god bless you and thanks!

3. Any luck with getting the custom/affiliate titles back?

1) I right click and "open in new tab".
2) Welcome - working on reviews now.
3) Yes, those will all be back. That just requires that I manually create all the badges for the user groups (affiliate vendors, dubiously honored) and apply them to the group, and then go and give everyone their special title, again, manually. Unfortunately, it seems like that last bit might have gotten lost while we were throwing everything from one moving car into another, and so I might be forced to use my imagination (or you could just PM me your custom title.)

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a trivial thing, and I understand keeping the sigs constrained, but I really liked the up-to 3 B&S links with pics that could be added to a sig. It's not only nice as a seller but I can't tell you how many times I went to an ad because I saw it in their sig. There was a quality to seeing a someone's for-sale stuff right below their comments.

I saw above we can do three links now, but being able to add some thumbnails for them would be fantastic.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a trivial thing, and I understand keeping the sigs constrained, but I really liked the up-to 3 B&S links with pics that could be added to a sig. It's not only nice as a seller but I can't tell you how many times I went to an ad because I saw it in their sig. There was a quality to seeing a someone's for-sale stuff right below their comments.

I saw above we can do three links now, but being able to add some thumbnails for them would be fantastic.

I agree, and I really liked that little bit of code as well, but that little piece of development will have to come after we're out of the weeds.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree, and I really liked that little bit of code as well, but that little piece of development will have to come after we're out of the weeds.
Triage; sounds good!

Stugotes

Reaction score
So hey, uh, how can I get the forum to show me images again? All threads display those little "IMG not found" boxes.

edit: Oh, are all pictures from before the system transition gone??

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know but I want to be able to see more than 20 threads in Classic Menswear.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So hey, uh, how can I get the forum to show me images again? All threads display those little "IMG not found" boxes.

edit: Oh, are all pictures from before the system transition gone??
If you look before Dec 15, 2016, you will find that the images are there. I'm not looking to cast any blame, but somehow the images after that, we can't seem to locate them on our servers, where our former partners were supposed to ftp them. We are working on that right now. It's on our "critical" list.

Cheers,

Fok.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you look before Dec 15, 2016, you will find that the images are there. I'm not looking to cast any blame, but somehow the images after that, we can't seem to locate them on our servers, where our former partners were supposed to ftp them. We are working on that right now. It's on our "critical" list.

Cheers,

Fok.
Doesn't appear to be universally true...

On this page (http://www.styleforum.net/threads/shoe-construction-behind-the-veil.191166/page-71#post-8610606) there are several broken images dating back to October of 2016.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't appear to be universally true...

On this page (http://www.styleforum.net/threads/shoe-construction-behind-the-veil.191166/page-71#post-8610606) there are several broken images dating back to October of 2016.
Hmmm... We obviously didn't check every thread by hand... After we get the bigger issues fixed, we'll go back and see if we can't patch up these smaller ones. However, like you must know, we are a very small operation - one contract dev, one designer, one systems admin, and me, so we have to prioritize the big items first. Thanks for understanding.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not get alerts on new posts on the threads I am watching. Any suggestions?
Hi,

If you go under the "little man" icon. you can set email preferences under "preferences", and alert preferences under "alert preferences".

Cheers,

Fok,

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I configure my options so that I see more than 20 posts in each

I don't know but I want to be able to see more than 20 threads in Classic Menswear.

thread?
I asked about this, and apparently, the way Xenforo is built, the index is page based, so it's not possible to customize number of posts or threads per page. It's simply set at 20. If I learn otherwise, I'd like to have this as well (I used to regularly read 50-100 posts per page, since I have to moderate them).

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads