• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 ***

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will try to attend. I am certainly intrigued by the vendors listed.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any type of cuisine you specifically had in mind? I'm pretty familiar with the food options in that area.
Tasty, not too greasy, though watching @gdl203 and @Epaulet try to hide their consternation as greasy fingers pawed at leather and suede would sorta be worth how angry they'd get with me.

We also need a place for treats and coffee service.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stumptown is good for treats too.

You should ask vendors about what they should bring, incidentally. I know that both @Epaulet and @gdl203 are planning some cool stuff.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

EvilTuna7

Reaction score
Tasty, not too greasy, though watching @gdl203 and @Epaulet try to hide their consternation as greasy fingers pawed at leather and suede would sorta be worth how angry they'd get with me.

We also need a place for treats and coffee service.

Cheers,

Fok.

hahaha, that would be pretty hysterical. Places I can think of

Shake Shack
Xi'an Famous Foods
Num Pang
Tri Tip Grill
Kati Roll Company
Cer Te
Taim Falafel

I'm not sure they all have great options for eating with your hands, but they're all good places. Treats and coffee I can't help you too much with from personal experience, since I'm not a big treats and coffee person. But this might be helpful:

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/...ere-to-drink-espresso-cafe-grand-central.html

Poomba

Reaction score
Holy crap....just so happens to coincide with my first trip to nyc...so yeah Ill be there.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Honestly, Stumptown doesn't really much need our help, so maybe coffee from the independent Culture Espresso, which has excellent coffee and is even closer, at 39th and 6th? Worth a contact. Food-wise right near there is also Untamed Sandwiches, which is pretty tasty.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a nice espresso bar that's literally across the street and owner is a great dude. I wouldn't look any further. It's called Ramini

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Culture espresso used to brew Stumptown, but now brews Heart, which I call "Heart Burn" because of the screaming acidity of their shots.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with Baohaus, the size of each portion is perfect. Any food is going to be a little greasy, even a sandwich. A few bottles of hand sanitizer placed around the food should help people clean up.

JP Marcellino

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I will debut some brand new styles at the trunk show and the briefcases below i present for the first time in public here on styleforum and live in November.

We were working hard to incorporate 2 new locks into the line up. I slightly redesigned and modified an old clamp style lock that you see on many briefcases and i call the "block lock." In particular the push knobs were always made too small so if you have "man size" fingers they were always slipping when pushed in to open and close so I had this lock built with longer knobs. I'll show the other lock (the Hampton Clock Lock) in another post as we are still preparing new briefcase styles for the show.

The first is the Avogadro Briefcase - this is American raised strong steer leather that is slow vegetable tanned in St Louis with no dye. This is firm real uncorrected full grain saddlery leather filled with waxes to Matt down the fibers. Not to be confused with a softer smooth shaved "corrected" Vegetable Chromium re-tanned leather. I could be wrong and I know SF members will correct me like @patrickBOOTH , he is very knowledgeable on this subject, but I don't think pure vegetable tanned leather can be made soft. It has to be cured in some sort of Chromium Salt solution.

I think undyed vegetable tanned leather is underrated. It is an incredibly beautiful leather especially as it darkens and forms a golden patina in the sun and from the oils of your skin. real veg tan soaks up water like no ones business and doesn't change and when you apply oil and sun its like getting that perfect tan. Here is the main leather plate with oil sprinkled and fully rubbed in, next to the front plate that has no oil yet. I eventually rubbed oil into all the parts to get the shade below. By the time of the trunkshow i will oil it a few more times and leave it out in the sun and you will be able to see the change.

The Avogadro Briefcase is of course all hand saddle stitched and has a silky smooth strong pig suede lining in dark espresso. I have other colors available. Double buckle straps and my new Block Lock in an awesome Antique Silver. The size is 16" x 12" x 3" and can be modified with pockets and holders and almost anything you can imagine. Make it your own style. The Shoulder strap is also lined with pig suede.

The next briefcase has No Name yet, if anyone has suggestions I'd love to here some. We had some of the most beautiful traditional English bridle leather imported from the Sedgwick tannery in the UK. I have a very limited amount of this oxblood red English bridle, but I will keep Black, Brown, London Tan and Green in stock and these colors will be shown in other posts.

Now this red, depending on how it does I might keep in stock. This oxblood color is extremely rich, it reminds me of old Oxblood Doc Martin shoes I once had and would be interested to know if they use the same tannery because the red seems the same.

Let me make a distinction between Hermann Oak's English bridle leather that also use and the Sedgwick bridle. HO bridle is softer, still bridle leather firm, but not filled with as much waxes as the UK bridle which is very scratch resistant mainly because of the top coat that is applied. The HO does not have this harder top coat so it scratches more easy and patinas more quickly. the natural fiber lining of the HO is tight matted down and unfinished, as the UK bridle is waxed, tighter fiber, finished and colored. They are both fine Grade A leather. If you are looking for a traditional English bridle that takes many years to soften and patina than the UK is the path, but if you still want that firm waxy bridle quality that is quicker to break in with patina and scratches than HO is the way.

Here is the oxblood UK English bridle leather briefcase with a nickle Black Lock and wrap around gusset. The size is smaller at 14" x 10" x 2.5"

And i agree with Kent Wang on the food.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads