• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum limited edition pieces from Engineered Garments and Michael J Krell

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I have been in touch with Daiki Suzuki of Engineered Garments www.engineeredgarments.com, and it is possible to have the Engineered Garments quick release belt made in special leathers for Styleforum. Now, for such custom orders, there will be a wait time of 8-10 weeks, so see it as a sort of MTM belt. I would like to offer 2 options: 1) Tan bridle leather; and 2) Chestnut suede. both with the brass buckle. Anyone interested or have ideas for other colors/materials please post. Also, I am in the process of organizing for a limited run of Michael J Krell's "Arm pocket hoodie" (you can see the hoodie at www.michaeljkrell.com for details - I will post more detailed pictures shortly), in a light but durable organic cotton jersey from North Carolina (perfect for summer evenings) also made specially for Styleforum. The hoodies are slim fit and definitely standouts with good construction, interesting details (baseball style hem, and unique arm pocket). These hoodies would be made to order, limited in number, and specially made for Styleforum. My plan is that the hoodie will be available in both forest green and Styleforum red. I will post pictures of both the belt (not the limited edition ones, but in the regular brown color) and of the hoodie shortly. In either case, if you are really interested (i.e. you are committed to buying), please PM me re. sizes and prefered colors (and material in the case of the belt). A down payment will be necessary in either case because I am not rich enough to be stuck with a bunch of inventory in case people decide that they aren't interested after all. I'm going to sticky this thread. Please post comments, suggestions, etc... ____________________________________________________________________________ Edit: Here are some pictures of the hoodie. This is not the Styleforum red. The actual color of this particular hoodie is actually very similar to the red in the bars on top of a post. I have no idea why this picture turned up so pink looking. Anyway, for sizing information, this is a small hoodie on mannequin with a 38 inch chest, and it was quite snug, as you can see. The smalls are really quite small, and the medium fits a true 38 closer than a true 40 chest. It's the anti APC! The price will be $65 shipped within the US, $70 shipped outside the US. The detail picture shows the ribbed detail on the shoulders and the pocket on the arm with a rounded ribbed opening and a squared shape. Swatch color (true): Bridle leather swatches for Styleforum Engineered Garments belt!

Reaction score
cool. the links work.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first link has the parenthesis in the tag, and the second doesn't have a .com.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Belts would run about $170, same as usual, I think, and the hoodies would be about $65. These are conservative estimates. I don't want to quote really low prices and have people feeling screwed afterwards...

I'm still working out details... obviously
plain.gif

moosy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Belts would run about $170, same as usual, I think, and the hoodies would be about $65. These are conservative estimates. I don't want to quote really low prices and have people feeling screwed afterwards...

plain.gif

Thanks, obviously its just an estimate, but I wanted to get a ballpark estimate.
Thanks for doing that, it is a great idea

tangerine

Reaction score
This is a great idea, indeed. I sent you a PM.

It's hard to accurately show or describe color on a web page, but I would love to be more sure what tan and chestnut look like. Any comparisons, samples, etc. would be appreciated!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

plain.gif

Do you think EG might be amenable to making the belt strap undoable rather than stitched-down? It would be awesome if you could switch the buckle out to other straps.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Do you think EG might be amenable to making the belt strap undoable rather than stitched-down? It would be awesome if you could switch the buckle out to other straps.

I'll ask...

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

Hell, I'd buy just the buckle.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Hell, I'd buy just the buckle.
That sounds awfully tempting
smile.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay dudes,

There is obviously interest, and pics will be up shortly, but I have to reinterate that neither project will go forward until I get enough solid requests. I would say that I'll make arrangements once I get, say, 5 commitments for either... Don't PM me, since my box is nearly full, but email me at fokyan.leung at gmail.com (I used the "at instead of @ to discourage even more spam in my inbox.)

Fok.

wallateer

Reaction score
Fok,

When you said StyleForum red, I assume it is like these red bars on the forum as well as the logo on top. Is that correct?

Pete

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wallateer
Fok,

When you said StyleForum red, I assume it is like these red bars on the forum as well as the logo on top. Is that correct?

Pete

That's what I had in mind.

KingKongLives

Reaction score
any chance the hoodies could be thermal-lined?
could you also elaborate on the perfect for "summer evenings"?

i'm interested, but would i get to use it a lot since i'm going tothe east coast next year?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads