• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum alert list - banned shillers

Doc4

Reaction score
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif
to many of the responses.

worship.gif
to the work of the Mods in keeping shills and their "objective comments" off this forum. It is through moderating work such as this that we can place some faith in the comments and reviews posted on this site.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
You chaps want to check out Simon Crompton for inspiration.

He was around talking about Huntsman and Patrick Murphy...

Are Savile row tailors that crazy they give him free stuff?

Nick Foulkes has done it for years but it is fair game.

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I luv da Red Ferrari jkt. u kan get da chkas w/ dat.

Now give me $100,000 and an airplane or I will post photos of you with Roseanne Barr.

Vox: Give me $200,000 and an zeppelin or I will post photos of you in Allen Edmond thirds.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF is Crompton wasting his hard earned graft on plus 4's from Huntsman?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
He had most likely a discount.

I know...which is why he should be using it on a suit not some silly shooting manpris.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I know...which is why he should be using it on a suit not some silly shooting manpris.
It's simultaneously hilarious and sad watching a skinny, balding, and now bearded urban professional who lives in one of the most dynamic cities in the world and writes about fashion for a living try to get in touch with his twee country roots by playing dress up as a character from the 1950s in tweed plus-4s from a house that apparently now starts at 4k pounds sterling for bespoke. And believe it or not - they're not really associated with hunting, but more with golf.
5RVYF00Z.jpg

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus Two's have a Two inch fold over below the knee. Traditionally styled Plus 2's giving deeper rise and a fuller fit. Plus Fours are longer and wider trousers with a baggy effect, They are called plus fours because to make them an extra four inches of material is needed to fold over below the knee. Breeks are shorter with no fold over at the knee.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do enjoy his posts when he talks about things in detail like his bespoke shoes and suits step by step, but it ***** me no end that every second post of his is of old esquire illustrations that have little relevance in todays time. It almost like he can't think of anything else to post so just goes through them pic by pic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads