• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

style: rolled up jeans, mens capris?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WishEllis
ha! I think that may have been me this Saturday at Secret Service. you were leaving just as I arrived.

though to be honest, my nudies were rolled up because I had just cycled from Highland Park. the manpri exists in my world only when my trusty steed is nearby.

right on! Makes it even better that there was a functional reason for the high roll. Looked really cool

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont really understand the big deal with this. It might not look that good in the example pics, but really , whats the fuzz about rolling up your pants if its too warm?

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess in theory the idea doesn't bother me, if it looks good. I don't think in either of the pics it looks good at all.

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
I only see this in Corona commercials, or guys in San Francisco on the marina.
Except the guys on the marina are barefoot...and winking at me for some reason.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I can see it working if rolling it only slightly past the ankle for a cropped look like the new YMC pants for this season or how Chris does the cropped look at times. There were a lot of cropped pants in the F/W08 collections this year. Some of them looked pretty solid. I don't really like the just below the knee look that the pictures up there are using.

aaronxxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Actually rolled, not folded, and with some kind of low top shoes (Sperry boat shoes, purcells, etc.) and in the appropriate setting (beach, boat, dock, etc.) can look fantastic.

truth. i often do this hanging around the dock wearing vans

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on your bodytype. Also, I agree with GetSmart who suggested the roll be halfway between the ankle and knee.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on your height, I think. Shorter guys could probably get away with rolling a little higher.

Until this thread popped up, I had entirely forgotten that I actually wore this look a couple years ago. I didn't have any shorts handy, and it was too damn hot to keep the jeans down.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
Depends on your height, I think. Shorter guys could probably get away with rolling a little higher.

Until this thread popped up, I had entirely forgotten that I actually wore this look a couple years ago. I didn't have any shorts handy, and it was too damn hot to keep the jeans down.

i did this as well (and still do, when weather permits here in seattle).

i don't understand why people don't like them on SF, who are about function and clothes that fit. it serves a utilitarian purpose, cools the legs, different from the "norm" of jean shorts, as well as necessary on a dock/bike/beach. it also makes your legs look slimmer and taller imo, since the calf/ankle are a lot skinnier than if you were to have jeans over them (unless of course they're APC cures or similar).

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
oh yea about this look....not a fan of the 2 guys in the pics.

I actually think it can look ok if you roll them halfway from ankle to knee. Maybe with a pair of short boots or some kind of seriously sick trainers. (not converse)

helps if you're covered in tattoos too.

I saw a guy with the rolled up jeans (nudies) at Secret Service the other day and I remember taking some mental notes on him, that it looked really good on that particular fellow. He was fairly tall and had an overall cool vibe to him. made the manpri jeans work.

I saw a guy today with jeans rolled up to about mid-way between his ankle and knee. He had a pair of snug brown zip-up boots on. To my eye, it looked pretty good, but at the same time, I don't think I could pull it off myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads