• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stingray shoe from Koronya

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't wear these myself, but I don't have a huge problem with them. They're kind of neat.

I am having difficulty understanding what that "medallion" looking thing is right in the middle of each foot. Is that where the eye was or something? Or is it just broguing? Tough to tell from the photo, but whatever it is, I find it distracting and I think it takes away from the sleekness of the shoe.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
classic pimp
crackup[1].gif

Play nice...

nmoraitis

Reaction score

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of beautiful black JM WESTON lizzard and they are not pimpish at all...

They are very classic in their shape and ultra-minimalist ,making the exotic skin more aesthetically interesting....

For me ,exotic skins must be made on ultra-classic last and in very conservative colours ...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have phoque?

I think you should have Delos make you galuchat ghillies.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I have a pair of beautiful black JM WESTON lizzard and they are not pimpish at all...

They are very classic in their shape and ultra-minimalist ,making the exotic skin more aesthetically interesting....

For me ,exotic skins must be made on ultra-classic last and in very conservative colours ...

Could you post a pic? In my mind, I am imagining something nightmarish to be honest.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Do you have phoque?

In elementary school, that was always my favorite French word.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In slang ,we do say Gay as a seal ...be careful ,when you're using the term phoque to describe a gentleman....

Are seals or phoques gayer than whales? Let's start a debate and wrie to the Reverend Phelps...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
In elementary school, that was always my favorite French word.
Lascar would like this:
When I was a student, I was amazed to hear my French housemate say, a propos of annoying media whore Jack Lang, "He is pede comme un phoque" (gay as a seal). Why is this, I asked him. Are seals considered to be homosexual? He suggested that it was a deformation of the short, expressive English saying "Gay as..." or "Queer as..." well, "phoque."

Even earlier, we enjoyed ordering "Pschitt" at cafes.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do not know where the expression is coming from...pede comme un phoque...

Is it gallic version of the English queer as folk?

I do not know...As i do not dislike gay people for their sexual orientations ,i have nothing against phoque and will use them with pleasure in my shoes...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lascar
I do not know where the expression is coming from...pede comme un phoque...
Is it gallic version of the English queer as FOLKESTONE?

As i do not dislike gay people for their sexual orientations ,i will use them with pleasure in my shoes...
Fixed.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm a kind of equal opportunity guy when it is coming to killing animals for food or shoes....

A man who is eating snails or frogs cannot be scared of wearing phoque shoes..

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
A man who is eating snails or frogs cannot be scared of wearing phoque shoes..
Are you a fan of Mr. Bungle?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I love it, but I'd find it hard to make it work on a shoe.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
I don't like the toe or the use of material. Shagreen is awesome for watch straps, though.

Yes, I do like it for watch straps, but nothing else that I can think of, perhaps because watch straps are so much smaller.

Originally Posted by nmoraitis
Didn't a member on SF have shoes made with water buffalo? I remember thinking it would work as a country/casual shoe.

I have a NOS pair of J&M Aristocrafts in water buffalo. They're very nice, though they don't become nearly as soft as calf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads