• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Still no word on Last Call?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This weekend will be my best opportunity to hit DC shopping but it's pointless for me to go if LC hasn't started yet. Anyone heard a confirmed date yet?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on NM's mailing list and received flyers in the mail announcing their first two pre-Last Call sale markdowns.  I have not yet received anything regarding Last Call.  I will post as soon as I receive that flyer.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually there's a "private" pre-last call event where those on the mailing list (and anyone else I assume) can go to NM on the 2 or 3 days before the official start to Last Call to set aside items that will be automatically charged to one's credit card on the day last call starts, at last call prices. I haven't received the mailer for this yet, so unless it arrives in the next couple days, it looks like it won't be starting this weekend. Might be worth calling them on the phone....

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In any event, I was very underwhelmed by the pre-Last Call selection at NM (Mazza Gallerie).  In my opinion, you are better off spending your money at Relish.

bryce330

Reaction score
The pre-sale starts this Friday, January 28th - the actual sale starts next Wednesday.

This is for Mazza Gallerie - I'm not sure about Tyson's, but they are usually on the same schedule.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is last call an add'l 40% off reduced prices, or 60%? I can't remember. In any case, I was in NM Beverly Hills a week ago, and there were "last call" signs everywhere. Everything was an add'l 40% off, so I had assumed last call had started, even though forum members had stated it wasn't due for weeks. Can anyone confirm?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last Call is NM's final sale, and % off is usually 60-70ish.

It is preceeded by 2 lesser markdown sale periods- maybe that's what you saw Renault.

That's good that the sale starts Friday- I'm on the mailing list and have a NM credit card so I'm sure I'll have no problem.

Ambulance Chaser, can you give an idea of items/brands that were still there when you went? I was underwhelmed by the Mazza LC last summer overall but they had some terrific dress shirts still there at a great price and some pretty good suit/sportcoat options left. Plus Saks SHOULD have a great sale going at the same time, we'll see...

Thanks for the heads up bryce, you are always on top of the goings-on at NM.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang it. I thought that 40% was last call. It's slowly coming back to me...LC is 60% off reduced prices.

OK, what should I do about the shoes I bought two weeks ago? There's a sign that says, "no adjustments to prior sales." These were the last pair in my size, and remain unworn. Sigh, I think I'm going to return them. I can't bear the thought of overpaying $70 for a pair of shoes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, what should I do about the shoes I bought two weeks ago? There's a sign that says, "no adjustments to prior sales." These were the last pair in my size, and remain unworn. Sigh, I think I'm going to return them. I can't bear the thought of overpaying $70 for a pair of shoes.

What's the point? Unless you are gambling that they put them back out on the floor and mark them down again, and are not that attached to the shoes in any case, there seems to be very little reason to do this if you like the shoes.

jerseyguy

Reaction score
The Last Call presale at Short Hills, NJ starts tomorrow -- 40% off the first markdown (55% off retail).

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pre-sale starts this Friday, January 28th - the actual sale starts next Wednesday.
Yep, bryce is right again. Â Got my flyer in the mail yesterday. Â No mention of the pre-sale, however. Â There's no requirement that you bring a card, so I'll probably go there sometime this weekend.
Ambulance Chaser, can you give an idea of items/brands that were still there when you went? I was underwhelmed by the Mazza LC last summer overall but they had some terrific dress shirts still there at a great price and some pretty good suit/sportcoat options left. Plus Saks SHOULD have a great sale going at the same time, we'll see...
NM's buyers are a lot less bold than Saks's buyers when it comes to sportswear, so I saw a lot of Zegna Sport, Theory, Earl, Polo, Brioni, and Prada. Â I agree that the dress shirts are a strength of Last Call, but the dress shirts left in my size were primarily Ike Behar, Zegna, and Paul Smith London -- decent shirts, but nothing really to write home about. Â YMMV. Â Suits and sportscoats I did not get a chance to look at, but at NM prices, even at discount, I'm afraid all I'll be able to afford is a Zegna sportscoat. Â
sad.gif
I'd be willing to bet that Saks's Act 3 sale is going on at the same time as Last Call. Â A lot of the better stuff is gone, but it is worth checking out if you are at Neiman's already.

bryce330

Reaction score
I checked out both of the DC stores over lunch today, ended up buying a bunch of stuff, and had to restrain myself from buying more - they both had a better selection than they did a few weeks ago so they must have received a lot of items from other stores. Mazza Gallerie Shirts: a lot of Paul Smith, also a decent selection of Brioni, some nice Frays, and a few Borrellis (I found a beautiful white FC in 16.5 for $95). Ties: pretty well picked over but they had some beautiful Isaia 7-folds and a few Brionis. Â Not a Borrelli or Kiton in sight. Suits: nothing too impressive, I spotted a nice Oxxford Crest in 42R but it was still about $1200. Sportswear: a decent selection but nothing to get excited about. Â Tyson's Shirts: surprisingly, they had a ton of Charvet and T&A in 17, as well as a decent selection of T&A in other sizes. Â I also saw a lot of Oxxford Crest in 16.5. Â Some Brionis and a few Borrellis. Ties: much better selection than Mazza Gallerie. Â I grabbed three Kitons but there were still about five or six others left, as well as a bunch of Borrellis. Suits: nothing terribly exciting. Casual: a very good selection - lots of Brioni, Purple Label, and Loro Piano. All in all, Tyson's had a better selection, which is unusual since it's usually the other way around.

bryce330

Reaction score
Oh yeah, everything was 50% off the first markdown (not 40).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads