• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

St. Louis without a car - where to stay, what to do?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of going up to St. Louis to see a game at Busch Stadium in late summer, four nights. Is there enough to do to stay occupied - museums, galleries, other stuff? I'm pretty easily entertained just wandering around.

How's the transit situation? I'd like to take Amtrak up, or maybe fly, and wouldn't rent a car. Driving up is a distant third in preference.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try to get yourself to the Central West End for food and drinks. I grew up in St. Louis and that's where my friends and I congregate when I'm back in town.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Spend your money on the Commissioner's Box and you'll have a day full of stuff to do. That is, assuming that you're going with another person, ast hey only sell tickets in sets of two or more. Still, it's a sweet set-up. In-seat food and bev service, seating right next to the dugout, you're actually down on the field during batting practice. It's nice.
Or, you could go cheaper and get the Champion's Club. Up in a big area, with some seats, but also some shaded area. You pay for the ticket, you get in, and then there is a big buffet for food set up where they have typical ballpark stuff but occassionaly they do cool stuff like barbecued ribs or grilled steaks. Also, the bar is open for the duration of the game.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
231992.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
having stayed in St. Louis twice in the past I think it'd be better to rent a car if you plan to go around town.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SLAM looks like a must-see. Excellent photography collection from the look of their website.

I'm not big on fancy seating for games. Had a 14 game plan here in a section with wait service once and hated it - people ordering, getting food passed around, etc. way way more than necessary. And I go to the park for a decent hot dog and a soft pretzel plus beer, any fancier than that is just weird (the Lexus Dugout section in SF led to an underground food court with artisanal cheese and ****). I'll probably be looking for something decent 10-15 rows up on the first-base side.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Laclede's landing for drinking/clubs/loud music.

Central West End (Maryland street) for higher class/more expensive bars and restaurants.

Delmar loop for the hip nightlife (although somewhat filled with college students).

All can be accessed via the metrolink, although walking from Maryland street to the Central West End metrolink station is a little sketchy really late at night, but during the day is fine.

Edit: Google "Pappy's" and make sure you eat there. Best BBQ around. You will have to take a cab there, though. (BTW the cabs arent very plentiful, you may have to call one on your cell phone or walk to the nearest hotel to find one.) Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads