• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Appreciation

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
Continuing with the ball strap theme, here's some calf and suede numbers:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Continuing with the ball strap theme, here's some calf and suede numbers:

Fabulous tarsal specs

Here are some 1950s suede ones I wore on Friday to work.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude, but it's friendly advice really: you've mentioned these shoes several times in the last few days, had a response, and made no other contribution or comment on the thread. You've also just edited this post to include a picture - of the shoes you've already posted, and some others that aren't relevant to this thread.

There's a system for selling stuff here: put a simple link in your signature, or become an affiliate vendor or advertiser. But spamming threads will be unpopular, and I'm sure you've got a lot more interesting to say than this.

P.S. I do like the boots though. All of them, actually.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1950s Florsheim ventilated spectators. Last day of the Aussie summer.

Last edited:

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent. Could you please add some additional photos, as well as maker and details. Thanks!

I have that picture as well, they were Crockett & Jones.

I am thinking to bespeak a very similar pair (no broguing) or a derby version that I have in a family picture of my great grandfather (>1910)

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have that picture as well, they were Crockett & Jones.

I am thinking to bespeak a very similar pair (no broguing) or a derby version that I have in a family picture of my great grandfather (>1910)

Pix would be nice.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pix would be nice.

Will post the remake once is done (if I do indeed go for the derby rather then Oxford approach) ... I have not come across a similar design yet (as a combination of design elements)

In the picture my great grandfather is wearing balmoral boots, this older gentleman next to him, which it may have been my great -great grandfather is wearing this ball strap spectators and a boater hat.
My great grandfather was a serious good dresser. In the summer pictures is always wearing lighter colour suits, and some time white suede shoes or spectators always spotting noticeable handkerchieves (compared to other men in the same pictures) and straw hats/boaters. He passed on his sense of style to my grandfather that in turn has been my inspiration.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't wait for the spring to pull out these Bonafe.
Enzo is heavily influenced by US vintage shoe styles. This exact model of longwing was quite popular with both the canvas & a mesh for spring/summer wear in the 40's & 50's. I have a pair by Florsheim circa 1951.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Enzo is heavily influenced by US vintage shoe styles. This exact model of longwing was quite popular with both the canvas & a mesh for spring/summer wear in the 40's & 50's. I have a pair by Florsheim circa 1951.

Interesting. My subconscious must have been at work here. For some reason, Bonafe required that I change something from their standard offerings. In other words, I could not say that I want model X. I had to change something about model X for them to make it. So, to some measure, this is my own creation.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are the nicest spectator shoes I saw on a recent holiday in NYC. Tirolese Testoni Black Label linen like suede and calf.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads