• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sopranos: The Last Episodes (spoilers)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone is trying to connect that quote with the ending, I don't think it has anything to do with it. Besides, it was already used with Bobby (when Tony had the flashback and connected what Bobby had said to Bobby's own death).

Like I said, the guy going into the bathroom is FBI, scoping out Tony. This is the closest FBI has ever gotten to indict him. They are keeping him under tight surveillance. The guy going into the bathroom is not going in there to get a gun. This has nothing to do with Godfather.

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Everyone is trying to connect that quote with the ending, I don't think it has anything to do with it. Besides, it was already used with Bobby (when Tony had the flashback and connected what Bobby had said to Bobby's own death).

Like I said, the guy going into the bathroom is FBI, scoping out Tony. This is the closest FBI has ever gotten to indict him. They are keeping him under tight surveillance. The guy going into the bathroom is not going in there to get a gun. This has nothing to do with Godfather.

maybe it was some civilian who needed to take a piss.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much how I envisioned it ending. Numerous loose threads. New story lines hinted at (Junior's stash, Janice after it, A.J.'s first steps into the business, Tony's trial).

There is way to much money to be made from one or two feature length movies for Chase to have tied everything up in a nice little package. Look for number one at Christmas 2008 or during the summer of 2009. Bet it wins the box office totals that weekend!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
maybe it was some civilian who needed to take a piss.

I think so too. Everyone is going to get hung up on conspiracy theories. I think everyone in there is just going to get a bite to eat.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
that last 20 seconds was disappointing as a finale, but I don't think Tony got whacked even tho it's more glamorous to think he did right as Meadow walks in....

They did a good job of creating massive tension in that scene, with the sketchy characters mulling around, Meadow frantically trying and failing to parallel park then rushing in the restaurant, Journey playing in the background seemed to have some kind of significance to what was gonna happen....then nothing. I think life just went on for the Sopranos, with things looking up (phil is dead, tony survived the mini war, AJ finally seems out of his depression and has a promising career, Meadow finishing up law school)

calvin1663

Reaction score
as much as the ending annoyed the hell out of me (I WANT CLOSURE, DAMNIT), it WAS masterfully done...the tension was incredible, does meadow come in and get shot, does she see her family getting killed? it does set up a movie very well though...

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My take mirrors this post I found on a newspaper Web site. I felt the ending was very Doystoyevskish: (sp?), as this guy thinks as well:

"The final moments were intense, yes; but they also showed us that Tony's punishment, far worse than jail and maybe even as bad as a grisly gangland-style death, is a lifetime of looking over his shoulder."

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
in the credits, the guy at the counter in the MO jacket was listed as a Leotardo (Phil's cousin or something), so he wasn't just a bystander having a meal. if that's supposed to mean anything in how you interpret it

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
They did a good job of creating massive tension in that scene, with the sketchy characters mulling around, Meadow frantically trying and failing to parallel park then rushing in the restaurant, Journey playing in the background seemed to have some kind of significance to what was gonna happen....then nothing. I think life just went on for the Sopranos, with things looking up (phil is dead, tony survived the mini war, AJ finally seems out of his depression and has a promising career, Meadow finishing up law school)

I agree with this.

I also think Phil's death was classic Sopranos. I especially liked his "say goodbye to Grandpa" line just before he was shot.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
ok so I just heard this on talk radio from a caller...

he said that after all the credits there was a final quick scene where you see a gun to Tony's head or something to that effect showing Tony was whacked right when Meadow walks in.

anyone else see this???

I sure didnt but I turned the channel when credits started to roll so ima have to go back and check my tivo and hope it recorded all the way thru and not get cut off 30 secs short (as it usually does)

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
probably a BS caller, I havent seen anything on the Sopranos forums about this hidden end scene

Yeah, this is the first I've heard of it and I've been combing the forums since last night.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luckily I recorded 8 minutes past the hour. I'll check for this "hidden" scene, but I find it highly suspect and doubtful.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the ending that Chase chose reflects the general sense of paranoia/fear that has set upon this country. My wife kept saying that this guy or that guy was the hitman. She also said that guy that was sitting nearby was FBI. She thought that earlier AJ would get whacked while driving his M3. Chase did have AJ fretting about terrorists and the state of the world. In fact, there always was a little paranoia/fear underlying the whole series. I would think there would be if one were involved with the Mob.

Tony's lawyer did say he would be indicted and that is probably what happened or what will happen. He would then be arrested and tried.

Maybe the choice for the last song should have been "For What It's Worth."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads