• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Jantzen Shirts

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the last thing the civilised word needs right now is another "critique my Jantzen" thread, so I thought I'd just show you some photos of the shirts I picked up from Ricky when I visited there last month. These include 3 new fabrics not available on his website.

The first is the Irish Linen M, in Mango. I had this made up as a BD sports shirt, with a straight tail so it could be worn outside the pants.

mangolinenob0.png

The second is JKT0014, purple fine twill with white and black medium stripes. (It also has a fine yellow stripe in the pattern). Personally, I reckon it is actually closer to lavender or mauve than purple.

I really liked the satiny sheen of this one, and had it made as a FC business shirt. Much to my regret when I got home, I found that I don't own a single tie that really goes with it. I wore it today with a plain blue Carlo Franco tie (see WAYWRN), but I'm not convinced. I'm thinking along the lines of a purple grenadine from Sam Hober. Suggestions welcome.

img8980yo3.jpg

purpledetailio9.jpg

I was after a pale blue shirt, and had settled on the #1 French Oxford. I looked at it, but it looked a lot more white than blue. I ended up choosing this fabric from Ricky's new swatches.

bluemi6.jpg

bluedetailfw0.jpg

I quite like the versatility of this shirt, as it can be dressed up or down. It's a pretty heavy weight, which makes it unsuitable for really hot days.

Next was a white dobby (I think) with yellow and blue stripe. I did this one in button cuff, as I can see myself wearing it with casual pants.

yellowye2.png

yellowdetailkr0.jpg

Finally, I picked up one of Ricky's new checks fabrics, for a BD casual shirt. I like the detail in this one.

checkspn9.png

checksdetailxw5.jpg

Well that's the lot of them. Hope you like looking at them as much as I like wearing them.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Ricky measured me in HK. I had ordered a self-measured shirt off him before, and he commented that my measurements were wrong.
That's quite plausible. I have ordered several shirts, tweaking the measurements everytime. It's only with the 3rd and 4th order that I started being reasonably happy, and I expect my 5th to be the first one where I will be very happy. Self-measurement is a risky process indeed.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Ricky measured me in HK. I had ordered a self-measured shirt off him before, and he commented that my measurements were wrong.

May I be so bold as to ask what about the measurements were wrong in an effort to not make the same mistakes myself? Great looking shirts (and fabrics) BTW!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
I trust that the fit should be fine
Here's a couple of photos. This is pretty typical of the fit of all 5. (Apologies for my totally inadequate photography. I can't understand why clothes are the only subject matter I can't get a clear photo of).

Looks like I'm guilty of the wandering tie misdemeanour here, too. Oh well.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
not bad have you washed them yet??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads