• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

Cark

Reaction score
i was just browsing the sns herning website and saw this hideous brown sweater, gotta be the ugliest sweater i have ever seen sns herning make

MQtPSfB.jpg

http://www.sns-herning.com/men/product/stark-cardigan-8

JTK

Reaction score
I have the full-zip Fisherman in Medium (2016) and the fit is perfect. I'm 5'8", 160lbs. Should I get the same size in the Stark?

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to size up. My SNS stuff is two to three years old - XL in Stark, L in a winter crew neck whose name I cannot recall. Wouldn't change the size on either

Alexidb

Reaction score
I wore a size L Stark when I weighed 175. I’m closer to 200 now and I sized up to an XL, it has stretched a lot. I think this years is more generous then 5 years ago. I’m 5’11 btw.

matthewroar

Reaction score
hi guys, so I guess I have the opposite of the usual question. I tried out a 'new fit' stark and the Medium was spot on, but I didn't quite like the black colorway so I returned it. I'm now eyeing a couple of 'old fit' starks on Ebay but I was wondering what size would be good? S or M? I'm kinda worried about the medium 'old fit' stark to be too long, I'm not too tall, 5"9 and about 158 pounds.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
if you're worried about it being too long don't buy it, pretty simple

matthewroar

Reaction score
if you're worried about it being too long don't buy it, pretty simple

no, i've read your posts about how the stark is supposed to fit long and i agree, but then again I don't want a dress. and aside from it being long i also don't want a supertight fit so the questions pertains to that as well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have no experience with new starks from the past 5-6 years but from fit pics and collective information online the consensus is that they fit a size smaller and are considerably shorter. Mine was purchased in december of 2010 according to the receipt so that is my frame of reference. If you were to size down not only would it be shorter it would be tighter. Does that answer your question?

Btw why did tres bien go down the toilet?

djbabu83

Reaction score
I am interested in the Stark Cardigan. I am 6ft, 175lbs and a 42 chest. I wear a size large in sweaters. Should I go with a large or XL? TIA.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
XL. I have similar dimensions, bought a Stark 3-4 years ago which is new enough to be "new" diimensions, and I would not go L. Around the same time, I also picked up a crewneck in L, and I wouldn't change that either.

JTK

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the best deal on a Stark? After years of looking, I finally ordered one from End, but they cancelled the order. Looking for a Navy in Sz M. Thanks!

djbabu83

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the best deal on a Stark? After years of looking, I finally ordered one from End, but they cancelled the order. Looking for a Navy in Sz M. Thanks!
I was looking to order from End. Did they give you a reason why they canceled?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads