• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

star656

Reaction score
I need some help with fit as well. Picked up a stark cardigan in a black fleck type pattern (basically a gray-black) recently but I need to put it on grailed / sf to sell. I am 5'5" with a shorter torso, 36.5" chest, 32ish sleeve, and 28" true waist. The sweater is amazing, not itchy, very heavy, but unfortunately it is too long in the Small size. Some websites have the length for the small anywhere from 25.5-26" below the collar, but I think since it is a heavier sweater without a super tight v at the seat it hangs too far for me. The sweater fits great everywhere else over an ocbd. If I go down I am sure I will be fine in the chest because the wool has enough give to take it without looking ridiculous IMO.

I wear a 32R (that's basically a 36S I guess) Suitsupply and all my shirts are custom from Ratio clothing because it is impossible for me to find shirts that fit in the chest, waist, sleeves and cuffs at the same time...

Does anyone know if I can get an XS anywhere? They seem like they don't make this size/style at all anymore. Do they have XS in any of their other 'heavier' sweaters?

If anyone is still looking for a S Stark at a fair price, let me know - I'm willing to shoot it out for $160 shipped CONUS. Just trying to get some money back - Anyone have input on what I should be asking?

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

from the archives ...

single

double

Got the single in purple melange. Contemplating selling but we'll see.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just read through a few dozen pages trying to find out about this "new fit" Stark. I've got an old sea blue one in size medium from several years ago and am looking to pickup a new one in dark navy. As far as I can tell the differences are:

1) Merino blend, and merino on the inside collar
2) Shorter body (by how many inches, anyone know?)
3) Sleeves the same length but much slimmer
4) Same gauge / weight knit (website says 5 gauge, I could've sworn the older one was heavier?)
5) Shorter collar height (?)

So is it recommended to go up one size from the previous fit to get something similar, or will it still be much shorter?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Depends how old yours is. My stark is all wool and from probably 09ish. It's slim but long as **** which I prefer, if I were to guess it's probably close to 29". I would be a large in starks as of late but they wouldn't be as long nor could I tell you what size you would need to achieve the old style length.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think mine's from 2010 or something and it's also all wool. I wonder how the new merino blend fares in comparison to the old 100% virgin wool. Also, it might just be me but I remember checking out a Stark from a year or two ago and it felt thinner and lighter.

Pic of the newer collar with merino inside lining in a brighter color: https://cdn.unionmadegoods.com/unionmade/Images/Products/23751-2c_1479337302.jpg

Anyone have one of these? Is the difference in color that apparent or is it just the photo?

Last edited:

NotCreative

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking at picking up a fisherman crew and looking for fit advice. I'm 5'11, 165ish lbs, 38/39" chest and a 33" waist. SNS's website says to buy TTS, however going off End's measurements a M would probably be too small.

Chubbs

Reaction score

Hey everyone, I'm looking at picking up a fisherman crew and looking for fit advice. I'm 5'11, 165ish lbs, 38/39" chest and a 33" waist. SNS's website says to buy TTS, however going off End's measurements a M would probably be too small.

Yeah I would go with a large unless your looking for a tighter fit. The fisherman crew runs pretty slim.

conqueror

Reaction score
i personally would have went with a M considering how long the sleeves are. i'm pretty much the same weight/chest but 6'1.

Last edited:

NotCreative

Reaction score
i personally would have went with a M considering how long the sleeves are. i'm pretty much the same weight/chest but 6'1.

I seem to be in-between sizes. I bought an SNS full zip sweater a couple years ago in M, however it was too slim, especially if I wore anything underneath it.

NikosSs17

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I would like to have your point of view about my Black Sns Herning Stark in XL, i just received from Le rayon Frais at a very attractive price 143€ (153US$) with shipping!!! It was the last one
i'm i'm 191(6,3 feet), 86 kg (190lbs) and 43 inch chest.

I'm wearing it with a tee and a flannel shirt.
On the photos below the cardigan is not fitted even with the tee and shirt . There is still space but don't feel to be too large. It's why i'm asking for advices.

Do you think XL is the good size or should i go to the L and return it and try to find a L somewhere but not at a competitive price as this one?

Sorry for the quality and the mess behind me...

Than you to let me know what do you think.

Regards,
Nicolas.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, that fit will do, its nice to have a bit of room on knits. Sleeves are pretty long on SNS, I have issues with folding them back as you've done. SNS has got slimmer over the years.

I have a stark that fits like that (preferred) and a Zoom I just bought which is slimmer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads