• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

IDH

Reaction score

I didn't think that this was physically possible.

Well you might be right - I went to a tailor to be measured and turns out im a 34" chest. I have upper body measurements I could post to give a more accurate picture of my frame - would this help people decide either XXS or XS for me?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well you might be right - I went to a tailor to be measured and turns out im a 34" chest. I have upper body measurements I could post to give a more accurate picture of my frame - would this help people decide either XXS or XS for me?

XS

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Digging this new Limbo Sweater

2134134m_limbosweater3.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Me, wearing my Stark today in Napa. "Is that an Abercrombie sweater?"

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
42" chest, 36" waist, 6'1" tall, middle-aged spread - L or XL in Stark?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:cheers: Im 6'2" 195lb, 42L suit. I have a XL Stark but it fits loose. I was worried about the chest being too small so I went with a XL but the sleeves, length is just a touch too long. Large would have been perfect as the chest will stretch ever so slightly. what color are you considering?

buran

Reaction score
Let's play another round of guess the size, this time for amalgam sweater.

36 chest
28 waist
35 at jeans, possibly more at max ass.
27 sleeves from shoulder
17 shoulder

all in inches.

I'm guessing large.

edit: nevermind, think I'll be able to try on before buying.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's play another round of guess the size, this time for amalgam sweater.
36 chest
28 waist
35 at jeans, possibly more at max ass.
27 sleeves from shoulder
17 shoulder
all in inches.
I'm guessing large.
edit: nevermind, think I'll be able to try on before buying.
How tall are you?
I would guess medium for you, cause I'm 6'3, 39 chest and 18.5 shoulder and wear large in all except stark where I'm a medium.
Also, "28 waist 35 at jeans" WTF? Either you have very wide hips and are holding in your stomach or I measure my waist in the wrong way.

buran

Reaction score

How tall are you? I would guess medium for you, cause I'm 6'3, 39 chest and 18.5 shoulder and wear large in all except stark where I'm a medium. Also, "28 waist 35 at jeans" WTF? Either you have very wide hips and are holding in your stomach or I measure my waist in the wrong way.
Pretty close to 2m, pretty skinny. Waist measurement was at skinniest point on upper body, close to belly button. Slightly wide hips. But is there enough give in the sweaters to size down?

Totakeke

Reaction score
The Fisherman Sweater on Mr.Porter is so so tempting, but I know I'll probably won't have a chance to wear it anytime soon. Someone buy it and keep it for me. :confused:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty close to 2m, pretty skinny. Waist measurement was at skinniest point on upper body, close to belly button. Slightly wide hips.
But is there enough give in the sweaters to size down?

Alright, I thought you we're a lot shorter.
The SNS knits are known to have long bodies but i'm not sure if the M will be long enough for you. I will probably fit better in the chest and shoulders than the L though.
Check out sizing charts and see if the amalgam is as long as the stark. If that's the case, you could go for a medium.
I have the stark in M and the roentgen in L. The stark is as wide as the roentgen but a tad longer even if it's a size down. Both were slightly fitted at first, but have stretched out perfectly now.
If the amalgam is not particularly long in the body, the answer would probably be an L.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads