• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snorel Owner's: I need review's...

SC Widders

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum members!

I've been looking at the Sorel Men's Caribou's for a while to wear in the winter months, when Georgia see's a good amount of rain and ice. From the review's I've seen on the Piperlime website on this particular boot, I can see that customer's have been very satisfied with their purchase. However I have question's for those who have owned a pair.....

1. Although it does come with the removable ThermPlus felt innerboot, how warm can these boot's get until they become uncomfortable? For instance, if I wear them in low 30degree weather and spend 6 hour's in a building heated to 74-78degree's, would my feet be TOO hot?

2. How durable is the natural rubber sole of the boot? Will they wear fast if I mainly walk on concrete or in rough terrain?

3. How do these boot's fit, by actual foot size or do they run smaller?

4. How do you clean the material on the boot after walking in mud or ice?

Any other input would be great as I am looking to purchase this within the next week to be used for WINTER'S ONLY!

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...scid=660090012

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think your feet will be too hot in these, since mine keep my feet toasty in below zero if I am walking around. They are very durable and pretty much run TTS, especially if you are wearing heavy socks. I never clean them, but I did wax the leather, which helps with waterproofing.

ersatzmoe

Reaction score
Hey man,

I own these boots, and for the biting cold of -10-20 below (Celsius) in Toronto, these are top notch.

However, I really only wear these to shovel, to walk in really soupy/snowy weather.

You're talking about buying them to wear in 0 degree weather?

Not the best call. All you need is a pair of leather boots with a little thickness to them.

Might I suggest the SF approved Red Wing GT or IR or CL?

These things are beasts, but are for much colder and prohibitive weather than rainy Georgia.

The lining is *thick* and they look like hell when you try and wear them with anything stylish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads