• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneaker Suggestions for Wide Feet?

Sator Sartoris

Reaction score
I wear a 10 4E in New Balance and was wondering if there are any other sneaker options for those of us with wide feet. Chucks fit but for everything else it seems I'm stuck with NB.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I remember a lot of skate shoes being pretty wide, but the styles are all pretty bad IMO, at least last time I looked.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nike Blazers, Converse Jack Purcells, Adidas Lavers, are all pretty wide. Springcourts (from France) are pretty wide as well - pricey for what they are in the States though. Superga (Italy) are pretty wide as well. These are essentially Euro takes on the Chucks - but better made and more expensive (even in Europe.) Of course,

minimal

Reaction score
Well, there are two ways to go. The first option is to buy sneakers that are made wide. You can find these by search on zappos or the manufacturer sites. I'm not sure what look you are going for, but it's very difficult to find what I consider attractive sneakers this way.

The second way to go, and the way I now buy all my sneakers, is to go for a softer leather (or even better is suede) and get them 1/2 size larger than usual. For example, the adidas adi star in suede is thought by some to be a narrow sneaker, but if you get it a little large it will mold very well to a wide foot. And I think it's a very nice sneaker.

All this assuming you are looking for sneaks that look good, becuase if you are looking for performance you already have the best there is: New Balance.

I have a 2E wide foot, so I am experienced in this arena. I've found that the sneaks with the stiffer leather (e.g. rod lavers) hurt me even if they are constructed wider than others.

The adidas Chile 62's also work well this way.

Good luck!

benchan

Reaction score
You may want to give some Lacoste models a look. E.g. L33 is wider than the original Chuck.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if they have specific widths but Puma sneakers always ran wide.

lupin23rd

Reaction score
I was thinking of picking up some Vans slip-ons (or the originals) but I haven't found my size so I'm not sure if they are "wide enough".

I was surprised the Chucks fit me as well as they did, still unsure about them because I tend to wear bootcut or more relaxed looking jeans. Although maybe that's a better look than the skinny clown look, I dunno.

m

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lupin23rd
I was surprised the Chucks fit me as well as they did, still unsure about them because I tend to wear bootcut or more relaxed looking jeans. Although maybe that's a better look than the skinny clown look, I dunno.

m

Chucks go with everything, imo. Same for the Adidas Italia and the Asics 66 (the last is counterintuitive, since it is so slim). They look good with skinny, relaxed, or bootcut jeans. Essentially if the jeans look good, Chucks will look good with them.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Chucks will look good with them.
QFE. I think Chucks are really the best choice for someone who's into streetwear, but less into shoes (or at least streetwear shoes.) You can put together the rest of your outfit, and just know that the Chucks will work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads