• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fitting raw denim - what can be done?

Mr_Mike

Reaction score
So, for whatever reason, I now find myself with 3 pairs of very slim fitting raw denim jeans. In fact, they all fit pretty much exactly the same and have been used similar time period. For what its worth, I have one pair of Nudie Grim Tim, APC new cure and Albam slim fit. Not sure how I got myself into this mess, but I need out!
Â
As they are all very slim fitting, I really wouldn't want to make them any slimmer by washing. So what are my options, is there any way of speeding up the fading process or stretching them to create a more relaxed fit.
Â
I'm all ears.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear them normally. When it's wash time, cold wash (by hand, if possible) and hang dry.

By the way, next time post denim-related q's here.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fading part is easy. Depends how you want them to fade. A light sanding with 600 or greater grit sandpaper will do it, although the procedure is frowned upon in these circles. I did it to a pair of 501s, then put them into washing machine that I had already poured a half bottle of bleach into and the result was pretty nice. Much to my chagrin, it's the only pair of jeans that I have that I've ever been complimented on.

Last edited:

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, for whatever reason, I now find myself with 3 pairs of very slim fitting raw denim jeans. In fact, they all fit pretty much exactly the same and have been used similar time period. For what its worth, I have one pair of Nudie Grim Tim, APC new cure and Albam slim fit. Not sure how I got myself into this mess, but I need out!
Â
As they are all very slim fitting, I really wouldn't want to make them any slimmer by washing. So what are my options, is there any way of speeding up the fading process or stretching them to create a more relaxed fit.
Â
I'm all ears.
None of those jeans will really shrink if you wash them cold and hang dry them. If you haven't worn them a lot already, they may stretch out as you wear them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics