• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fitting chinos / pants

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Wait aren't these the ones that come pre-distressed... as in patches on the knees and other similar accoutrements?
The ones I have look like this
gp528454-00p01v01.jpg

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
For an economical slim pant, the j crew urban slims are a good fit. Lower rise with a 7.5" leg opening.

It's frustrating how inconsistent J.Crew sizing can be. Tried two 31/30 slim chinos tonight...one fit perfect, the other one fit like a 32. The third pair of 31s they sold me also fit like a 32.
frown.gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried some Unis Gios on the other day, good quality but waaay too tight for my tastes.

fiasco

Reaction score
^ what size did you get? mine fit perfectly everywhere except in the upper thigh they are a little too tight. Would a tailor be able to help with this? doubtful i know, but its worth a shot cause i really love the pants.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I just picked up some classic cut from Jcrew that were on sale. Very nice. I think they were only $39 or something.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
It's frustrating how inconsistent J.Crew sizing can be. Tried two 31/30 slim chinos tonight...one fit perfect, the other one fit like a 32. The third pair of 31s they sold me also fit like a 32.
frown.gif

i got a 31 last year from j crew that measured close to 35 inches in the waist

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
i got a 31 last year from j crew that measured close to 35 inches in the waist

Were you the guy that posted measurements for 4 different J.Crew pants in the same size?

Someone did this and each pant had like a 1-2 inch difference between pants. Ridiculous.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
The ones I have look like this
gp528454-00p01v01.jpg

Okay, I'm a convert. Just picked up a pair for $15. You're right. They seem pretty well-constructed for Gap - a military-inspired look with a heavier twill. I bought a 32" waist and it seemed like it was 33" possibly 33 1/2". Thankfully they have the button tab on the side. I wasted money on a pair of Bill's M2 (didn't realize they would be as ridiculously baggy as they are). Crazy as it sounds, the Cadet Khaki is kind of what I was hoping to get out of Bill's. We'll see how they hold up over time.

socialdtk

Reaction score
I think Colby plans to add a few more colors to his chino line up in the near future. He may also be able to slightly modify the cut for you so they will fit looser in the upper thigh area. He has been great about doing that for me with his MTM shirts.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Were you the guy that posted measurements for 4 different J.Crew pants in the same size?

Someone did this and each pant had like a 1-2 inch difference between pants. Ridiculous.

yep. i ordered 31/32 and got pants that had waists of anywhere from 33 - 34.75 and and inseams of ~31 - 33.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wannabeagiant;3139062 said:
What's the material?[/QUOT

medium weight chino. probably the best constructed item i've seen from H&M, not sure how this happened

Guybrush

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the forums so, first of all, hello. I recently purchased the following pair of ASOS pants (although being British we call them trousers):
brownslimfittrousers.png
They tend to fit me much like the above pic but a couple of concerns I have is that they leave about half a cm of sock showing when standing which of course increases when I sit. Also, although I'm not overly uncomfortable, I am aware that there is not a lot of room around the thigh area - again when sitting they of course become even tighter - and, not that I would have any reason to sit cross-legged but I could not should I wish to even attempt to. Squatting also feels risky. I realise the tailoring is, for the most part, subjective, however I'm very much seeking opinions on fit and aesthetics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads