• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I go with Unis or Epaulet for all my business casual chino needs. Hopefully, there are no more chinos in my near future.

Last edited:

xxxamazexxx

Reaction score
True, but they're too casual and can only be worn on weekends, not to the office.

Definitely. The color is very vibrant, but the downside to that is probably you can't wear it to more formal settings. Take it to the streets anyway, that's where I think those chinos are meant for.

how slim are these things? IE the waist and hem specifcally.
Waist is low rise, but not H&M-low. Pretty slim through the thigh, and almost straight from the knee down. Leg opening is regular, or slim at best. I would call it a slim-straight fit, somewhere between regular and skinny.

Last edited:

GuP

Reaction score

I highly reccomend the tailored khaki (slim fit) from Gap.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=80811&vid=1&pid=772341002

I think the web pics are just a slight bit more loose than how they seem on me. I got one pair on a whim and wore the hell out of them, so I got two more pairs. Sits low on the waist, nice slim fit without being too tight in the crotch. I couldn't ask for more.

How are these holding up for you? Any shrinkage after washing or stretching with wear?

I now realize that everyime I sit with these on I get horizontal creasing at the fork...

HAL 9000

Reaction score
Looking for a nice pair of slim olive or army green chinos for the summer. I need a pair that is nice enough to wear in a casual office environment, and not too slim. I've checked the usual suspects (BB milanos, JCrew classic fit, etc.), but most don't seem to be offering any chinos in olive.

Can anyone recommend a pair?

Thanks

Go for Left Field Miner Chinos. Great pair of chinos.
Hi,

I'm looking for a nice slim fit chino alternative to the Unis Gio/Gio Skinny. Does anyone have any suggested brands?

Try either Wings + Horns Westpoint Chinos or Left Field Miner/Tailored Chinos.

The W+H are very slim, durable, thick, and looks great. Same can be said about the Left Fields. In my opinion, those brands are much better than Unis. I owned a pair of Unis before and they're pretty average chinos.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Go for Left Field Miner Chinos. Great pair of chinos.

Try either Wings + Horns Westpoint Chinos or Left Field Miner/Tailored Chinos.

The W+H are very slim, durable, thick, and looks great. Same can be said about the Left Fields. In my opinion, those brands are much better than Unis. I owned a pair of Unis before and they're pretty average chinos.

For $200 they better be

shizlefonizle

Reaction score
Had 3 pairs of Alphas that I liked but I took them to a tailor to get more tapering done. Blindly told the tailor the leg opening I wanted and did all pairs at the same time. I try them on and now I cant get it up my calves. Are these salvageable? And yes I am stupid.

And to stay on topic just placed my order for GAPs Lived in Skinny and Lightweight Slim Chinos.

jhwendland

Reaction score
You might be better off with the lived-in slim. I have a tailor taper the leg on my Dockers too, but there's no need to have the Gap slims altered. If the slims seem slightly loose in the leg at first, they will shrink somewhat (which is a good thing).

shizlefonizle

Reaction score
You might be better off with the lived-in slim. I have a tailor taper the leg on my Dockers too, but there's no need to have the Gap slims altered. If the slims seem slightly loose in the leg at first, they will shrink somewhat (which is a good thing).

Good to know. Still ordered a 2 pairs of Alphas though because of the 30% off.

xxxamazexxx

Reaction score
Are there such things as dress chinos (not cotton dress pants) and casual chinos? I am slowly coming to the realization that there are. I suspect that dress chinos are those with hook-and-bar closure, usually of a thinner/finer fabric, and without coin pocket (while casual chinos are anything but.) Case in point:

Unis Gio chinos, which I think are dressier,

And Epaulet, which I think are more casual. Or the Gap lived-in khakis which have been well mentioned.

Is this distinction just all in my head?

scoobydrew

Reaction score
I haven't had any experience with the mid-higher tier chinos, but I have a pair of Uniqlo Slim Chinos from this past S/S 2013 and know exactly what you're talking about.

The fabric is thinner and reminiscent of dress pants (but obviously not as thin). There's a hook/bar closure with an internal AND external button to secure it.

I'm a bit confused as well. I'm guessing for my case (Uniqlo), the thinner fabric is suited for warmer weather.

scoobydrew

Reaction score
To those who recommended the Gap Slim Lived-In Khakis, thank you.

I bought a pair today and they feel great. Snug but not too tight and no pocket flare at all. Slimmer than Dockers Alpha for sure (which I wanted).

adiel408

Reaction score
I've never had any chinos/khakis just denims & i will be buying some dockers alpha khakis. So how do they hold up in hot weather?

jonasjones

Reaction score
Maybe I need to switch to a different brand soon but I still find my Gap chinos better than what I tried on at Uniqlo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads