• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sky Valet update

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm all over it.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me, too. I'm a 44.5 in the Budapest last, so I'll go with that number.

Jeff

Duveen

Reaction score
Kabert,

Let's discuss a volume discount. I am a 46 or 47 as well. If you promise not to hog all the cool shoes, I'd be willing to throw some PS Grenson's into the mix for the 'big foot' club.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I find any that fit, and that I like the style of, I'm going to see if they'd do a volume discount. Â Perhaps we could do a group buy of all their remaining stock at, say, 50% of retail.
If you can pull this off, I will be very, very impressed. Â IIRC, the majority of the shoes are 44, which means that johnnynorman will have to spend his next several paychecks on shoes (try explaining "objective need" for that one Â
smile.gif
) or we'll have to scrounge up several more SF members who wear that size. Â I don't recall seeing that many shoes over size 46, although SV could have some in the storeroom.

drljva

Reaction score
(kabert @ April 15 2005,15:07) If I find any that fit, and that I like the style of, I'm going to see if they'd do a volume discount. Â Perhaps we could do a group buy of all their remaining stock at, say, 50% of retail.
If you can pull this off, I will be very, very impressed. Â IIRC, the majority of the shoes are 44, which means that johnnynorman will have to spend his next several paychecks on shoes (try explaining "objective need" for that one Â
smile.gif
) or we'll have to scrounge up several more SF members who wear that size. Â I don't recall seeing that many shoes over size 46, although SV could have some in the storeroom.
Unfortunately, I fear that you are correct...
confused.gif

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this fear of posting any of my purchases on this Forum because Ambulance Chaser can always come back with the "objective need" test I proposed.
smile.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this fear of posting any of my purchases on this Forum because Ambulance Chaser can always come back with the "objective need" test I proposed.
smile.gif
You just need a loophole: ". . . except where the purchase is an objective screaming deal."

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case you missed the post yesterday about the Edward Green trunk show to be held at Sky Valet on May 13th and 14th, see here: http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....t=10368 Also, the guys at Sky indicated they may be willing to entertain a Vass group buy for a discount. Â I didn't go very far in the details of the discussion, but I think they'd go for it -- probably somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20% discount including the beautiful shoe trees. Â Unless someone has another idea, I think it would work like this -- they would provide/post an exact list of the shoes they have, with styles, lasts, colors, etc. listed. Â I think they have about 50 pairs left. Â If we can get enough people to commit to buy, I think they'll do a deal. Â There could also be, perhaps, a sliding scale discount -- e.g., if we get at least 20 "shoes" signed up, the discount is 15%; 30 shoes = 20%; and perhaps up from there. By the way, on Saturday, perhaps it was the intoxication of the beautiful spring day in DC, but I bought two pairs of Vass cap toes in the R Last (comparable to EG's 202 last), one an oxford in basic black and one a derby/blucher in oxblood. Â They are very comfortable so far. Â One thing I unmistakably notice is the curved (up/down) shape of the insole, which supports the arch. Â I think that feature is unique to Vass that I've seen. Â I really like 'em.... Â Since I was buying two pairs, the Sky Shoes guys were nice enough to include the gorgeous shoe trees for "free."

drljva

Reaction score
In case you missed the post yesterday about the Edward Green trunk show to be held at Sky Valet on May 13th and 14th, see here: http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....t=10368 Also, the guys at Sky indicated they may be willing to entertain a Vass group buy for a discount. Â I didn't go very far in the details of the discussion, but I think they'd go for it -- probably somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20% discount including the beautiful shoe trees. Â Unless someone has another idea, I think it would work like this -- they would provide/post an exact list of the shoes they have, with styles, lasts, colors, etc. listed. Â I think they have about 50 pairs left. Â If we can get enough people to commit to buy, I think they'll do a deal. Â There could also be, perhaps, a sliding scale discount -- e.g., if we get at least 20 "shoes" signed up, the discount is 15%; 30 shoes = 20%; and perhaps up from there. By the way, on Saturday, perhaps it was the intoxication of the beautiful spring day in DC, but I bought two pairs of Vass cap toes in the R Last (comparable to EG's 202 last), one an oxford in basic black and one a derby/blucher in oxblood. Â They are very comfortable so far. Â One thing I unmistakably notice is the curved (up/down) shape of the insole, which supports the arch. Â I think that feature is unique to Vass that I've seen. Â I really like 'em.... Â Since I was buying two pairs, they Sky Shoes guys were nice enough to include the gorgeous shoe trees for "free."
Your one lucky dude... TWO new pairs of Vass.
wow.gif
Any word from the SV guys as to remaining sizes -- especially large sizes (46 and up...)?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked through the shoes that they have out (they have about 25 boxes stacked up next to the Vass display; I assume there are more in the back) and there are all models and sizes available (not U-last though) -- from oxfords to derbies to slip-ons to boots. Everything from size 41 to 46 (no 47s left; there may also have been some shoes in sizes smaller than 41 as I wasn't really paying attention to those). I saw several 46s for sale beyond what I bought. Here's an online shoe size conversion website for US to "international" sizing. http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_shoes_mens.htm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads